Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Adding Jake Brakes

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Adding Jake Brakes

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Need some advice and help. On my 77 05 with an 8v71 I want to add jakes.
The right side valve cover where the air plenum crosses over it has very little room between it (plenum) :( and the floor and very little room between the plenum and the valve cover. I have a set of the valve spacers. Does anyone know if there is enough room to add the spacers or does the air intake plenum need to be modified.
Can this work be done from below or do I need to remove the bed and go from the inside of bus through the floor to add the jakes.

I have all the parts less the buffer switch and the dash switch. Anyone done this on an 05 model.
Thanks for any info.
ED :(
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Adding Jake Brakes

Post by luvrbus »

Ed, I installed mine on a 05 with 8V92 the air intake doesn't come into play on mine with the rear mounted tubro, the drivers side is a PITA without going from the bedroom.Look at your front electric panel and you could have a wire not being used running to the rear panel I did.I have a 05 here with a 8v71 and will check for you Friday and see what modifications were made to it.I am sure that we can help you out, are you going to use the fast idle. good luck
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Ed, I looked at the model 05 I have and there is a modifaction made to intake horn it is about 3inches by 6inches oval shape.I will take photos for you and have somebody post it I am not good at posting photos.If you need the horn Charlie at Tejas Bus sell thems. good luck

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

I can't speak to the 05/8V71 application but on a M10 with 6V92T when I added Jakes I had to use a special (and hard to find) low profile air intake horn in order to clear the taller rocker covers and engine bay structure. The correct covers with the breather holes in the top of the cover must also be used.

If anyone with a M10/6V92T and unmodified engine tunnel is installing Jakes and needs these parts, I have the complete low profile air intake for sale for $150.00.

Can email you pictures of above if you like.
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Clifford , Do you have a phone number for Charlie at Tejas Bus. I am sure I am going to need the modified air horn.

How about the buffer switch or high idle switch any sources for them. Want to have all the pieces before I start. Taking the bedroom apart will be the best part
at least trying to keep everything clean, when working from up there.
Thanks Ed
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Ed,
Don and I will be back in the shop on Monday. I have to start working on lots of Jake requests. I will see if we have the parts you need.

Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I was talking to Don this morning and he said that one possibility is to have your air horn modified if you can't find one. That is what he did on the 10. Instead of the horn facing the top, it now faces the front. I will see if I can get a picture later.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN