Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle VDO Air Pressure Gauge Sender ?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Eagle VDO Air Pressure Gauge Sender ?

Post by Dreamscape »

Which sender is used for the VDO air pressure gauge with the Eagle Logo on it? I need to match the sender with two gauges I have. I assume the numbers on the back of the gauges would tell me, they are differant. The rear has a differant number than the front. I have looked on the net and I can't find out where to get any information. A part number would be great, Thanks.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Re: Eagle VDO Air Pressure Gauge Sender ?

Post by eaglebus8920 »

Paul

If you talking about the Eagle model 20 air gauges for the front n rear brake system on the dash. 1 line of the gauge goes to service interlock and the other line goes to a pressure switch. To my knowledge it does not need a sending unit to measure the air pressure in the system. How about some other people's comments on this to make sure I am right???

Hope this helps

Duane
St. Louis, MO
89 Model 20
6v92TA DDEC II Allision HT 748R
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

How is the gauge going to know what the pressure is without a sender? They work off reading ohms. A pressure switch is different, it has a set point of psi when it gets to that point, the contacts close and a signal is sent to a warning device.

I'm just not sure if the senders would be different because of distance the smoke has to travel.

Heck, I might just go manual and forget the little birdies on the gauge! :lol: They sure are cute though. ;) I'm sure it might be more accurate anyway, just plumb it and go.

Geeez, this is my anniversary! One month on the Eagles International site since I joined. Hot Dam :!:

HTH
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

mine too Paul,this is awesome no stress ,no poliitics,just eagles and good friendships.Man I'm glad we own an eagle,happy anniversary :D
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I think our Eagle 20 gauge is different than what Paul is asking about. The Eagle 20 gauge is a single large gauge with two needles. I don't remember mine having an Eagle on it. The dual gauge works a little differently. One needle tells you your air pressure, and the other tells you the pressure going to the brakes when you press the pedal. I plan to change mine to the dual Eagle gauges at some point down the road.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Mine are VDO and have the Eagle they are not electric but manual,Dan should have a parts number,I may be mistaken but I belive all VDO gauges us the same sender,as for smoke Paul can pick up a supply from any air line close to his gauge dosen't have to come from the air tank

Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Paul can you post a photo of your gauges, I have checked every parts books for Eagle I have and they all show 1/4 in tubing to the back of the gauge

Clifford
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Here ya go. I sure wish they had the 1/4" tube fitting, it sould make my life a lot easier and cheaper. :lol:

They are in the upper left.

Upper right.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

I give up on this Paul, check with Dan the manual gauges maybe cheaper than the sender Clifford
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Thanks Clifford,

I figure if you don't know then who does? :lol:

I'm leaning to go with manual type anyway, it would be easier and more of an accurate reading. I hate it that I won't use the little birdie gauges though! ;) I won't tell you what I paid for the cluster! :oops:

I have one white face with a dual needle that I might use for now, then when I turn it into a dual system add another one.

Heck, I would trade the whole works for an oil pressure elec. gauge with an Eagle on it! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740