Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 4/20/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com (This link seems to work for my outlook email, but may not work for other email platforms. If it does not load, copy and paste the link in your platform.)

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle VDO Air Pressure Gauge Sender ?

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Eagle VDO Air Pressure Gauge Sender ?

Post by Dreamscape »

Which sender is used for the VDO air pressure gauge with the Eagle Logo on it? I need to match the sender with two gauges I have. I assume the numbers on the back of the gauges would tell me, they are differant. The rear has a differant number than the front. I have looked on the net and I can't find out where to get any information. A part number would be great, Thanks.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
eaglebus8920
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F294729
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 20
40 ft
6v92 DDEC II Allision HT 748R
6" Roof Raise, 2 slides outs , center door entry.

Re: Eagle VDO Air Pressure Gauge Sender ?

Post by eaglebus8920 »

Paul

If you talking about the Eagle model 20 air gauges for the front n rear brake system on the dash. 1 line of the gauge goes to service interlock and the other line goes to a pressure switch. To my knowledge it does not need a sending unit to measure the air pressure in the system. How about some other people's comments on this to make sure I am right???

Hope this helps

Duane
St. Louis, MO
89 Model 20
6v92TA DDEC II Allision HT 748R
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

How is the gauge going to know what the pressure is without a sender? They work off reading ohms. A pressure switch is different, it has a set point of psi when it gets to that point, the contacts close and a signal is sent to a warning device.

I'm just not sure if the senders would be different because of distance the smoke has to travel.

Heck, I might just go manual and forget the little birdies on the gauge! :lol: They sure are cute though. ;) I'm sure it might be more accurate anyway, just plumb it and go.

Geeez, this is my anniversary! One month on the Eagles International site since I joined. Hot Dam :!:

HTH
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

mine too Paul,this is awesome no stress ,no poliitics,just eagles and good friendships.Man I'm glad we own an eagle,happy anniversary :D
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I think our Eagle 20 gauge is different than what Paul is asking about. The Eagle 20 gauge is a single large gauge with two needles. I don't remember mine having an Eagle on it. The dual gauge works a little differently. One needle tells you your air pressure, and the other tells you the pressure going to the brakes when you press the pedal. I plan to change mine to the dual Eagle gauges at some point down the road.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Mine are VDO and have the Eagle they are not electric but manual,Dan should have a parts number,I may be mistaken but I belive all VDO gauges us the same sender,as for smoke Paul can pick up a supply from any air line close to his gauge dosen't have to come from the air tank

Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Paul can you post a photo of your gauges, I have checked every parts books for Eagle I have and they all show 1/4 in tubing to the back of the gauge

Clifford
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Here ya go. I sure wish they had the 1/4" tube fitting, it sould make my life a lot easier and cheaper. :lol:

They are in the upper left.

Upper right.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

I give up on this Paul, check with Dan the manual gauges maybe cheaper than the sender Clifford
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Thanks Clifford,

I figure if you don't know then who does? :lol:

I'm leaning to go with manual type anyway, it would be easier and more of an accurate reading. I hate it that I won't use the little birdie gauges though! ;) I won't tell you what I paid for the cluster! :oops:

I have one white face with a dual needle that I might use for now, then when I turn it into a dual system add another one.

Heck, I would trade the whole works for an oil pressure elec. gauge with an Eagle on it! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740