Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

How's the quality of Trimark hardware

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

How's the quality of Trimark hardware

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Is there someone here who has a Trimark door pull. How do you like the quality? Where did you aquire it? I have been researching them and I think they have what I want. I have not looked for a distributor yet. Anybody got any suggestions on this wide subject. This is the last peice of the puzzel I need to fab up my all my doors (access and entrance) and it is fast becoming a thorn in my side. I simply can't make up my mind here. Any help here would be appreciated... :D ;)

.....................Kentucky Steve .......................
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: How's the quality of Trimark hardware

Post by luvrbus »

Steve, Mark Renner is coming to the board in the next couple of days and he has used that hardware and likes it,looking foward to his photos here and he has great info on conversion parts that last.Happy birthday guy tried to wish you one on the MAK board but VANs post was deleted for some reason

good luck
Last edited by luvrbus on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Thanks Clifford, I hear Trimark is the best quality. Just need reasurance though.

Dale, has that wii got a screw gun on the end of it :P :P :P :P
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

No, but I think my Kirby vacuum cleaner does! Lord knows it has everything else, including a waxer! I just can't imagine pulling that big thing out into the yard to try to wax my car though!

I saw the thread at MAK for Steve's birthday. I do still look there occasionally but I don't post there anymore so I figured my birthday wish here would have to do. I wonder why Van's thread was deleted. Makes me love our Eagle home!

Never heard of Trimark. Is that the latches and stuff? Don and I just talked to a company called SPD about becoming distributors for their products. They make gas struts, door hinges, latches, drawer slides, swivel latches and about a million other things for bus conversions. We found out about them because Don's Country Coach has SPD gas struts on the bays. We have not seen their other stuff yet but the struts we have seen look to be very good quality.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Gooooood morning ,somebody say gas struts,hard wear?I am gonna need struts for shure,right now it takes 10 men and a little boy just to lift my engine hatch :lol: .That would be a plus for us if you and don become a distributors for these items(hate dealing with folks we don't know :roll: )

By the way my B-day post to steve was not removed it just ended up on the 2nd page of topics,Steve get much done on your rig for your birthday :) or did you take my suggestion? You know any body can do that stuff straight :lol: .hope every has a safe and prosporous day 8-) Van
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

I am intrested in some gas struts for my bay doors. I am also intrested in the Trimark hardware.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Van, Wayne...

I'm hoping to have some more info on the struts and other hardware. They have sent us pricing on a few of the individual pieces we asked for and it was great! We should have our agreement with them in hand soon so we can start letting people know what we are going to offer and how much.

I was shocked when I got their information. They have the exact kind of rod latches that people need for bay doors. They have the cool drawer slides and latches that keep your cabinets from coming open in a bus conversion. They have the kind of handle and lock you would use on your door. I was like a kid in a candy store with this stuff!

Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Dale, I'm in. I am looking for an airlock system for my interior drawers and cabinet doors allso. I am not sure if it even exsist or not. I would like to be able to lock down all my interior moveables with some type of Air lock system for over the road use and I dont like any of the hardware that locks the drawers and doors that the rv manufactuers' use. Nothing more startalling than a flying drawer in our stick and staples. :shock: I,d want an override switch of some type to allow for the travel times when I have talked Deb into making me a sandwich... :lol:
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Yeah, I don't know if anything like that exists or not. Would be cool but a pain to hide all the hoses. I think I already told you that if I end up redoing my stainless, I am not going to cut any handles into it at all and have hydraulic bay doors that I control from the dashboard. Having pantograph doors allows me that option. I doubt you could do it with regular Eagle doors or cafe doors. Well, I guess you could, but not easily.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Interesting topic Steve I have wondered if that can be done with electric magnets with a switch on the dash. Or a relay on the ignition switch when you turn on the motor it locks things down with an override. We don't want to give the copilot an excuse to not make the pilot happy.

Dale Have you figured out how to open your bay doors remotely? I started to mount my bay doors (panographic) and was thinking I would like to open them
remotely. The only thing is I would like to do it when I was outside like a trunk lid.

Thank you for your thoughts Wayne