Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

How's the quality of Trimark hardware

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: How's the quality of Trimark hardware

Post by Songman »

Marie came up with an idea that other day that was cool. She suggested either putting some sort of steel-like material under your counter tops, or if you were to do a poured counter top of some sort to add some metal flakes into it. Then you could put thin little magnets on the bottoms of your cups, glasses, small appliances, etc. Probably wouldn't help if you had an emergency stop or something but would be pretty cool just to keep stuff from sliding around in normal circumstances.

Wayne, I see no reason why door poppers like you put in a car wouldn't work for bay doors. And if you had strong enough gas struts, I see no reason why they wouldn't raise when released as well. But on your 45' you'll have eight bay doors! Plus, if you did the two rear sides and engine cover as well! That would be one heckuva remote to have all those buttons. Maybe a better resolution for you would be to have a popper with a remote to open one bay and inside that bay have a panel with buttons to open whichever other one you might need to open. Or even cooler! A popper with a remote that opens a hidden panel on the side of the bus that has all the bay controls in it. Something similar to what the MCI J4500 has to open the electric door. It is just a small panel on the side of the bus. It is not locked because you have to have a code to open the door. But in your case, if the panel only opened with your popper, then your bays would still be secure.

I would probably end up doing something similar to have outside access to open the doors. Of course, I wouldn't use poppers because if I did hydraulics, the cylinder would keep the doors closed and I wouldn't need latches or locks. But I do like the thought of the hidden outside controls.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Dale when I built my house I poured concrete counter tops and I but glass pieces in it. I can pour you some tops and but rebar in them that should work. Just don't ask me to pay for the fuel to haul them around. :lol: I had one piece in the house it took 8 of us to get it in.
I will think about your good ideas that could work just fine.
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Dale,

Here's what you do. You make the countertop out of metal and then you put a vinyl chip and clear epoxy overlay over the top of it. The vinyl chip and epoxy is thin enough that a magnet would still grab the metal. The vinyl chips give the countertop a granite look and come in many different colors. If you are interested, I'll get you more details. My other busniess is Ultimate Concrete Resurfacing Systems, which has a whole line of products. I have used this vinyl chip overlay directly over formica countertops to resurface them and give them an updated look.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

That sounds cool, Dan. Please do forward that info to me. I had planned on using granite but this sounds like it would look just as good and have a second useful purpose as well.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Dale,

I will look and see what material I have and try to make a sample to send to you.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.