Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Suspension -- Front bushings

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Suspension -- Front bushings

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagle Folk,

I'm just adding a note to the excellent series on suspension adjustment ---

On my -01 Eagle, the front suspension lower outer (nuckle?) bushings were bronze, and thoroughly wallowed-out. I decided to try something more modern, and chose Garlock DU 32-32 PTFE bushings, and 2" dia chrome hydraulic piston rod material for the pivot. (As I recall, the outer diameter of the bushing can be machined). All put together, it was so close fitting that it was slow work to add grease with a grease gun. I've not taken it apart for an inspection, but it looks just fine, and with ~~42,000 miles, is still slow work to add grease.

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Suspension -- Front bushings

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the advice on the bushings. I'm sure mine will need attention someday. They seem good now but you never know, I keep them pretty well lubed.

Any other words of wisdom for the 01?
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/