Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

Suspension -- Front bushings

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Suspension -- Front bushings
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Ahoy, Eagle Folk,

I'm just adding a note to the excellent series on suspension adjustment ---

On my -01 Eagle, the front suspension lower outer (nuckle?) bushings were bronze, and thoroughly wallowed-out. I decided to try something more modern, and chose Garlock DU 32-32 PTFE bushings, and 2" dia chrome hydraulic piston rod material for the pivot. (As I recall, the outer diameter of the bushing can be machined). All put together, it was so close fitting that it was slow work to add grease with a grease gun. I've not taken it apart for an inspection, but it looks just fine, and with ~~42,000 miles, is still slow work to add grease.

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Suspension -- Front bushings
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the advice on the bushings. I'm sure mine will need attention someday. They seem good now but you never know, I keep them pretty well lubed.

Any other words of wisdom for the 01?
Becky & Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Eagle Travel Blog: https://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Dreamscape

Return to Eagle Tech