Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzsite 2010

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Quartzsite 2010

Post by rusty »

The dates on the 2010 Quartzsite rally were somehow put in wrong. The proper date is January 21, 22 and 23. This is the last weekend of the big tent event. There are not as many people that weekend and there are some clearance sales to be had. Sorry about the mixup. Please let everyone know of this change. I will have Dave correct it in the Newsletter.

Thank You Wayne
Last edited by Dreamscape on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Quartzsite 2010

Post by Eagle Andy »

That's to bad I already put in for my Vacation !!!!! Bummer
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Bring it on Andy the date change is causing problems for several of us we will be gone by that weekend but will be there the weekend before. I didn't know it was changed either or for what reason.

good luck
Clifford
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

I am not sure how the wrong date got posted. Larry the rally master said that was always be the date. I thought I posted early enough that plans could be changed. It doesn't matter to me but I am not sure we will be invited to a group rally again. Maybe thats what you what anyway. Also we will have to make our own reservation to secure the site close to town if it is available. Larry said that was decided last year so we could be there the last weekend of the big tent so it was not so crowded and close out prices might be available.

Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Wayne, we were just asking why because I never knew about it and I thought we had 4 acres of parking also when did the reservation come into play and who do we contact.
And as far as being asked back I enjoyed the mixed rally but I don't care oneway or the other if I get invited back or not I been fine for years without it. To add too it Wayne has 200 members to please not just the 5 I have heard from. Just my 2 cents worth now tell Bob and Karen and the group hi for us

Clifford
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

After thinking about this today it was my fault that the wrong dates got posted for the Quartzsite rally. For this I apologize. The dates for the rally are as corrected. Andy I wish to apologize to you and everybody else that is still working as I understand about getting scheduled time off with employers. If there is anything I can do to help you through this let me know.To the people that are going to Indio and then to the rally I am sorry about the extra week. I still feel it is very important to fulfil our commitment with the other groups, I will not go back on our word to these groups. If this is not ageeable with you than make sure you are at future meetings to voice your opinion in the proper venu. If you plan to go to the rally early I cannot be sure that there will be a place for you. We have the site reserved for the dates posted.

Thank You for your understanding, Wayne
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Wayne, sounds like you are beating yourself up for no good reason.

The group decided to participate in another joint rally with the GMC and Flxible folks in 2010 and the timing was decided by them, since they coordinate the location.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Wayne, i spoke with a few that cannot make the date for travel reason putting them out to long between the FMCA and Quartzsite 10 days between the 2 dates just won't work for them.
So I'll setup a small group area in the spot east of town if ok with you where we can get together and they can go to the big tent and check out the rest of Quartzsite that way everything will work out.
As far as attending the meeting I was there and still don't remember anything about the dates but I don't need this so have a meeting while your in Kansas and choose you another VP for the Southwest I am out

Clifford
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Wayne, I feel compelled to write to you and all the members . I for one understand the complexities of being the Elected officer of a group. I have had this position and enjoyed it . However along with this position comes many challenges and issues that are not always popular in one way or the other. You did what you had to do and I respect you for that. That being said , Thanks for your apology .

I have enjoyed the time I have spent with this group of people over the past year and have learned so much about the Eagles I can't tell you how much it has meant to Eileen and I.

Clifford, I understand and respect your decsion. We have never met, but the wisdom you being to this board and your selfless acts alone speak of your character and for that I thank you .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Andy and the rest of Eagle members don't think for one minute I have a problem with Wayne he may have one with me now lol but he is a good leader.
Wayne and I both come from the old school if it is on your mind speak it and that is what we both did it's all over with me now after a good nights sleep.
See you at Quartzsite

Clifford