Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzsite 2010

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Quartzsite 2010

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Good Gertie. . .it won't stop raining in So Cal, and that's not the norm! Anyone out in Quartzsite yet? It looks like Eddie and I may roll out there together and get there around 1pm on Wednesday--that looks like the only good traveling day from what I'm getting on the computer so far.

If anyone's out there already, let me know if I need to strap the pontoons on! Safe travels to all. If anyone needs anything en route or you need something for the rally, give us a call and we'll equip the emergency stash in one of the bays (951-243-4741). We're gonna bring a couple of EZ-Ups in case we need to find a dry spot to meet.

Happy trails,

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I can't help but think, that it is not gonna be as bad as they predict, at least for the Q area. There will be rain, but my prediction is the front will split off the so cal coast, only exposing :shock: the rally area to the outer band, been wrong before :o. The NWS data is changing constantly in favor of the rally, we will have to wait and see :)
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

Okay everyone,
We are planning to leave for Quartzsite from Paso Robles Wed. (8:00 am?). We are looking forward to the adventure! We'll take 40 to the border but have not decided which 95 to take south. There seems to be a split on which route is better....we'll leave it to the bus gods to make our decision! Should be there just after dark....save us a spot. My cell number is 805-610-1771 if anybody needs us on the way. Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow night.

Safe travels,

Randy & Kelley Coons
66 Eagle 01
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Well... That's it for me. No Quartzsite this year. Two ways out of this blasted valley and both of them have been closed due to ice and snow. I think they are moving now but they are so slow and backed up that it would add hours to the 6 hour trip. Plus, the wife is worried about me getting out of the valley and not being able to get back. So I hope you all have fun and take lots of pictures for us.

Clifford, now I have an excuse to come down to see your place since I won't get to work on your computers this time.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Eddie
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 219219
Bus Model: 1989 Model 15
8V92/Allison744

Post by Eddie »

Everyone !!

Thank you all so much for making our first Rally a real wonderful experience. I know the weather wasn't the most cooperative, but Debra and myself had a great time. We appreciated all the real genuine outpouring of hospitality from all of you. It was also great to feel like a kid in a candy store looking at all of the beautiful Eagles that were there. The pride runs really high and it showed at all levels. I can't wait to do this again already !! I hope everyone had a safe trip home. Again thank you all ! And a special thanks to Art and Cindy. You guys are the best !! Appreciate all you guys did for us to get this rally thing started for us

Take Care all !!!!

Eddie and Debra
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

It was great meeting you guys Eddie. I have been wanting to check out your bus for a long time, it is one of the nicest I have seen. Thank you for the tour as you were trying to leave. Your bus is awsome! One of my favorites. It's great that you know what a special machine that one is. Take care.
binkey
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404489
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle model 15

Post by binkey »

Greetings all!

Had a wonderful time in Quartzite. :D Lots of good folks and plenty of needed rest for me. Looking forward to doing it again next year! It was wonderful to see everyone!

Be safe....

Cheryl
Eddie
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 219219
Bus Model: 1989 Model 15
8V92/Allison744

Post by Eddie »

Boomer, Thanks for all the kind words. Your coach is not to bad yourself !! Your Eagle was beautiful. WOW !

We might take a trip your way this summer. We will let you know if it happens.

Take care and keep in touch
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

You can park at my shop if you need a place Eddie.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Pat and I enjoyed getting to see a lot of "old" :) friends and meet a few new ones as well. We have attended a few Eagle rallies without the bus and it is not nearly as much fun, but anytime you get to meet such great folks, the pain of not having the bus is minimized.

Clifford, I left a message on your phone. I need to talk to you about the turbo that I sent your way. Three zero three 478-3501.

Jim

Update: Clifford, thanks for the call. I did not think to leave a message on your home phone. Always fun talking to you!!!!!
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.