Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Cooling it in Carolina

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Re: Cooling it in Carolina

Post by Gary LaBombard »

OMG, I made a long post, AGAIN, and had to sign in to view it first and it went by by!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna go get some rest now, I am recovering from back surgery I had on Friday and am too tired to fight this occuring problem I have with posting.
I will repost perhaps tonight, not as long as it was though just in case.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Gary, hope your recovery is going well and that this surgery will do the job this time.

Sorry that you are still having posting/login problems. Wish we could figure out why.

When I prepare a long post, I do one of two things. If it is long enough, I prepare it in a word processing program and then do a copy and paste. If it is a medium length post, I use the forum text box, but do a "select all" and "copy" before I hit the submit button. That way the message is in the clipboard (PC type computers). If the post goes into neverland, I can start a new reply and then do a paste (from the clipboard) and the message is now back in business.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Gee Gary, I also hope your back surgery went extremely well. I know, I had two disks that went bad back in 2000, surgery in 2001. Have not experienced any problems since (Knock on wood)! ;)

I don't understand why you are having so many problems, wish we could figure it out. I'm sure you are very frustrated. I agree with Jim, use Word to store your post then copy and paste.

When you get time and you are feeling better, please explain what problems you are having so we can hopefully nail it down. It might take a phone call, and you have my number!

Take Care My Friend!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Gary, Hope your surgery went well and fixed the problem. I to have had problems when posting a longer post. I have lost one also. I thought it was me as I am not very conputer savy. The biggest problem I have is it will not scroll to the next line when the page gets full. It will hide lines and I have to scroll with the curser but it will hide the line as soon as I start to type. This is very tuff on me as I have to see what I am typing. Makes me feel better that someone smarter than me is have trouble not that that makes it OK.

Wayne