Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Cooling it in Carolina

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Cooling it in Carolina

Post by MrBreeze »

Very nice !!! Great pictures.

Thank you.

Looks like you all had some good weather....And a beautuful spot for a rally.Really a haul for the western guys !!
Wayne really gets around... 8-)

Byron, What happened to the eagle emblem on your door ? I dont see it ? I know there was one there...I got a picture of it at the Q.

John
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Really frustrated this morning, I had to sign in twice again to post, lost my first reply post so this one will be shorter.

This is a warning to those all attending the Santee Bus Rally this past weekend!! CHECK YOURSELF OVER GOOD AND YOUR PRECIOUS ANIMALS FOR "TICKS". To make the first LOST post shorter now Linda got one on her and we have no idea how long it was attached but the head still inside and we have to go to DR. to have removed. I have a nephew who got bit 15 years ago by one little pest and has had lyme disease since and his life has not been very pleasant by any means for him. This is real serious, our lives and our animals is at stake in the woods where we like to camp in their territoritory so they leave their mark on us when possible.

These little guys get ALL OVER in places you do not suspect they can. Use pesticides to deter these and all insects possible even if you do not like the smell, so what!! Protect yourself and your animals, get their flea and tick shots and anything else possible to protect them & you.

Other than that this rally was wonderful and all that attended I am sure are so glad that John & Tara Mellis stepped up to the plate to host it. We all thank you so much again, the only thing missing was the presence of Manny & Darlene Montisito, & Steve & Debbie Gains. As the song goes, (This Circle Will Not Be Broken), when you meet these guys you will see why.

Sorry for this warning, I thought it important enough to share with you as this critter has been having lunch for who knows how long and we never know what disease they may be carrying.

Drive Careful traveling all of you especially you West Coast bounders, we sure enjoyed meeting you all and enjoyed seeing what a fully converted, finished Eagle is supposed to look like. We are all inspired by seeing them.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

John, I appreciate the picture of my engine. It is not Arthurs!!! I was the one going to throw up after I saw this!!!

I told Bryon that it is not possible for a Detroit 2 cycle to be that clean, and it may be against the law in some states

Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

92 series are easier to keep clean than 71 series once you fix the leaks a 71 is a leak looking for a place to happen.
You guys have a very rare photo here that is of Bryon parked in dirt and not washing his Eagle I am going to hold that one over his head for a long time thanks LOL that guy washes his Eagle when it snowing out side

Clifford
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I talked to Bryon about 2 p.m. est. He was getting on I-20 in Florence, SC when something came loose in the rear end. He was getting ready to be towed to tojoes to look at it.
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

ericbsc wrote:I talked to Bryon about 2 p.m. est. He was getting on I-20 in Florence, SC when something came loose in the rear end. He was getting ready to be towed to tojoes to look at it.
Sure hope it's not really, really bad news. Sure doesn't sound good though.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Sorry Eric, It was late & I was tired. I'll get that picture fixed. Thanks for posting the right one. Sorry to hear about Byron. Let me know if we can give him some help.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
77Eagle05
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F177108
Bus Model: 1977 Eagle Model 05 with raised roof and model 15 caps and windshields

Post by 77Eagle05 »

Just wanted to say that Claudette and me had a great time at this Rally. Guess maybe I should send my dues in now!!!! :o :o But then Di says she hasn't been home since Dec. We got to meet a bunch of new people and meet up with some old
friends. Weather was great, campground was good right on water.

Thank you John and Tara for a great rally, bring your Eagle to Murrells Inlet before your busy season starts, only 115 miles to my driveway and a full hookup!

Ed
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Ed,
That sounds great. As soon as I get the A/C, plumbing, electrical, window, etc. problems under control we'll be on the move.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Thank You John and Tara you put on a very nice rally. We are looking forward to your next rally so we can come out and be with youall. :lol:

Thank You Wayne and Lin