Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Great American Bus Rally

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
garhawk
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle 20 NJT

Great American Bus Rally

Post by garhawk »

COMING SOON

Just so you don't use up these dates - October 9, 10, 11, 12 - plan for the Great American Bus Rally! Shelbyville, TN. (Nashville area).

Four (4) fun-filled days of excitement: seminars, tours, food & entertainment. Come early stay late. Eagles, MCIs, Prevosts, GMCs and others - all Welcome.

Watch this board for official announcement
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Great American Bus Rally

Post by Songman »

MORE INFO

Had a good afternoon with Gary today, going over details and formulating plans! I can tell you, this I'd going to be a great rally! We've got some cool activities in the works, but still enough free time to visit with friends and make it enjoyable.
Statistically, Nashville is within a days drive for more people than any other US city. This fact, combined with the success of the EI Facebook page, makes me think this is going to be a gathering you don't want to miss.
Be on the lookout for more details as they become available.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

It would be nice if you Nashville guys gave Bob and Leroy a chance to promote the club business rally in Aug then start you pro /mo stuff about Nashville

Clifford
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

I think it is Sonnie's Meeting + Rally and the 3 host couples are just helpers.
thanks for the concern, they just have some folks excited about an event.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Besides that, there is no conflict. Plus, I am doing things to help promote the Kansas event too. The TN event passed through and was approved by the board. When it comes right down to it, we are all on the same team here. Anybody that wants to help either event, the best way to do it is sign up early and spread the word.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

LMAO Le Roy I just found I was one of the helpers I'll be at Sonnie sat and see how that happen I can help you guys out a little but not much to far from you

How about 2 custom Eagle Jackets for door prizes I can arrange that along with a new Snap/On tune up kit for the 2 stroke guys but I don't want to do that without a good turn out

We have to try and get a good turn out Sonnie wanted the rally so the east coast people could make it before the kids return to school

Dale I am well aware the board approved the Tenn rally I would like to come to meet Ken Arnold in person talked to him on the on the phone several times but I like faces to go with names

Le Roy give me a call Sat@ 480-threeonenine 1662 I have a couple of names that want on the ballot but not as write in, how you handle that is your business that's a new one for me people wanting to be a Club officer lol

I'll give Sonnie the names I asked them to contact you but they have never meet you and don't know you I have no idea what difference that would make
garhawk
Club Member
Club Member

Post by garhawk »

Hey Clifford,

Just had a long technical conversation with my friend Ken Arnold form Smyrna, Tn. I saw in your post above that you have had a long-term dream of meeting and conversing things technical with the man.

This is a personal offer that if you will attend the Great American Bus Rally this October in Tn., I will use my influence with Mr. Arnold to get you an up-close and personal meeting with the young guru. As a matter of fact, Ken (we're on a first name basis) and I have already discussed the matter and, he has agreed that if you wlll behave properly there is a good chance for an autograph!

Looking forward to seeing you this fall,

Best Wishes,
Gary
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Gary,

I am so impressed that you stuck your neck out and promised your friend that Clifford would give him an autograph as an enticement for him (Clifford) to show up.

Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

I would like to meet Ken but never ever a dream though, he seems like a sharp guy without all the baggage some people that have conversions and want conversions carry

You really don't want to know why I won't come to that rally but you and Bill have fun when I get enough I'll tell for right now just enjoy and I'll meet Ken without the help thanks

Clifford
garhawk
Club Member
Club Member

Post by garhawk »

Sorry Clifford,

As Ken said, we were "just trying to be a little humorous."

No offense was intended.