Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagles Rally

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
Sonnie Gray
Club Officer
Club Officer
FMCA #: F215907
Bus Model: 72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat, 70 0/5, 85 Model 10

Eagles Rally

Post by Sonnie Gray »

It has been approved by the Board and Eric Brown has agreed
to Host a Eagles Rally at Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis Arkansas
April 4 thru 6. Eric will post details later.

Sonnie Gray
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Re: Eagles Rally

Post by Boomer »

Did Eric intend to have it on the same days as the Blytheville bus show? Some of us will be staying there during those days.
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

I am wondering about the thought process of having a rally at the same time as the other rally going on in the same corner of the world. We have sent our money in for the Ghosts of the highway rally in Blytheville so may not make this one.
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by Jim H »

Same here. Casper, hopefully, will be parked near the Bus Depot in Blytheville, AR. on the 4th, 5th and 6th of April.
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I realize that the ghost rally is the same week. I talked to Tom McNally tonight about Blytheville. He said he has plenty of parking, but it is all dry camping only. I know that several in the group have shown an interest in going to see the buses in Blytheville. Unfortunately this is the only time my wife and I could plan as it will be her spring break from school. We still have several years till we can become wanderers!! Tom is going to email me a link for a campground close by. Give me some feedback about all of this. I would love to see all those old buses but honestly I am not interested in dry camping!!LOL Did way tooo much of that growing up!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

OK. Will not make the Eagle rally then.
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

I would really like to go see the buses in Blythville also. If a lot of members are doing that it may be better to do something at a later date. I am still waiting to hear from Tom about an RV park he reccomemded that is very close to there. Everyone please post thoughts on this as soon as possible. I had even thought about Charleston, or Savannah a little later, but that is a big hike for members out west. Just trying to keep it driveable for all!!

P.S. If anybody has a plan or thought about another time or place let me know. I will be glad to help or even stay out of the way!! :D
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Hello,
My Thought Would Be To Have An Un-Offical Eagle Get Together And All Park At The Same Place And Party !!?
And Enjoy The Vintage Bus Show.....I Like The Idea Randy...But I Also Understand Mark.....Some How There Has To Be A Way To Blend The Two. ?

Sounds Like We Could Have A Good Time Either Way.

Maybe We Could Have A Parking Lot Swap Meet For Bus Parts ?......( I Can Start Load Loading Now)..Ha! Really?

Unless I Get Run Over By A Bus :o ....I Will Be There.

Might Really Be A ...WWAI Kind A Deal....10-4

MrBreeze 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

After talking with several people, I contacted Sonny and told him that I did not feel there would not be enough participation for a rally. I will say that even though my "thought process" was questioned, my goal in this exercise was not to take anything away from the Blythville bus rally. Several people had expressed an intrest in seeing all the antique buses, but were not thrilled at the thought of dry camping on main street. Others have asked several times if there would by an eagle rally this year. My "thought process" was to be pro active and get the ball rolling on something, and allow all to see the old buses. I had calls from quite a few members who just wanted to get together rally, or not. My "thought process" now is to leave it up to someone else to plan something. I will wait for someone else to step up to the plate and plan something that pleases all involved. I look forward to the rally!! :D
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Eric, I want to extend a big thank you for attempting to get an Eagle rally organized.

The issue seemed to be that many of us wanted to be "immersed" in what appears to be a very unique and extraordinary rally. Said another way, many of us wanted to spend most of our waking hours walking around the buses and talking to all of the owners. It would be hard to do that and try to spend some time at a different Eagle rally location.

As Eric pointed out, we do not have an Eagle rally on the calendar. Hopefully someone will get one organized. It does not have to be a really formal rally, just date and place for us to gather and have fun.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.