Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Spring 2012 Eagles International Rally (Nashville)

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Spring 2012 Eagles International Rally (Nashville)

Post by John Mellis »

Well after quite some time & much patience with the campground I was finally able to work out a rally for this spring. Eric Brown, Tom Hamrick & myself were discussing the possibility of moving this year's rally west a bit to help travel plans to offset the distance for many of you. In so doing a spot was found that has so many attractions that you could make this a 2 week rally & never do it all.
How about Music City, USA. That's right,

****NASHVILLE****

Here's the details:

Rally Dates: Wednesday May 2nd thru Sunday May 6th
Place: Nashville KOA

Details:
For this rally you will contact the Nashville KOA to handle your reservations.There is no rally fee. Your costs will be directly associated with the campground. Follow this link or use the phone # provided
http://koa.com/campgrounds/nashville/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
800) 562-7789 Reservations (615) 889-0286 info

The reservations line goes directly to Nashville KOA so you will be dealing with
someone at the site rather than a national office.

**Extremely Important**
When calling in your reservation please be sure to mention "Eagles International" to get the rally rate & placed in the proper area close to all your buddies...
( Sections T,U,V,W on park map)

Site Details:
In order to put together a rally the 1st week of May the sites associated with the rally are 30 amp full hookups & paved. there is a limited # of 50 amp sites & the KOA would not allow us to lock those down for a special price. You can get a 50 amp site but must pay the normal fee. And you may not be located near the rest of us. The weather should be comfortable & most likely won't need to run multiple A/C's, etc.
Site Costs:
$34.95 per night (you must mention Eagles international to
get the special rate & locate in the rally section) Normally $58.95
You can get 50 amp full hookups for $61.95 per night
In Nashville there's not a lot of campgrounds that can handle a rally or group therefore the rates at KOA are what they are. That being said when visiting the KOA website you will see that it is a very nice park.
An itinerary will unfold as we go but there is so much to do in Nashville we will not be giving you a minute by minute plan of events to go by.
However, plans are being made for at least one covered dish supper & special entertainment on various occasions. Info to follow.

You are not limited to the rally dates only. Feel free to come in early &/or leave out late. We have secured use of the music barn for events or meals. Normal cost of this building is $700 per day.
We may also put together a group to go to Grand Ole Opry, etc. Gray Line Tours picks up groups at the KOA for various attractions so maybe that will work for us.
Get a notepad & take notes while visiting the KOA website & various links available. The KOA is conveniently located near major attractions.

Also important--- This rally is an Eagles International Official Event but is not limited to EI members only. Everyone is invited.
This will be a fantastic event that you should not miss. So don't think it over too long. Just make the call.

Trail Bosses: John Mellis 803-829-4242
Eric Brown 864-444-7373
Tom Hamrick 828-248-2781
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Re: Spring 2012 Eagles International Rally (Nashville)

Post by Liberty »

Just did our reservation in for the Nashville Rally.
See All Ya''ll there.
LeRoy & Anne
tomhamrick
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F207535
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Post by tomhamrick »

I have made arrangements with Almost Chrome to come out to KOA and polish wheels for anyone who wants their done. They polish the wheels and stainless siding on many of the entertainer coaches in Nashville. They get $80 - $120 for 6 wheels depending on condition, but he said most of the time it is $80, which sounds like a good deal to me. I already have a couple that wants them done including mine!!! He also can polish the bumpers and corners if anyone needs that done. Please let me know if you are interested and when you will be arriving so that we can schedule this work to be done over several days. They do stay busy with the entertainer coaches so we need to know how many are interested so he can plan his schedule.
Tom Hamrick
1981 Eagle 10
1991 Prevost H3-40
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Talked to Nashville KOA yesterday. They are still allowing signups at the rally rate. If you can work it out come on. If nothing else we're sure to be working on somebody's bus... ;)
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...