Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rally in the Rockies...Under way!

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Rally in the Rockies...Under way!

Post by dukedelmar »

First, let me apologize for being tardy on the update. The internet as the campground is slow, and hard to use. So, I came back to the "Ranch" to update you.

I am pleased to report that all 32 of our coaches, made it safe and sound, and are now resting at Absaroka Campground in Cody! 8-)
Along with our registered guests, Bobby Chitwood, local entertainer showed up in his 45 ft. Eagle entertainer coach...fully wrapped from the promo reality show pilot Hard Road to Nashville. Along with Bobby, Jeff Jefferson found us a beautiful Eagle at the State park, and convinced Jake to show up. They spent a few nights with us, and had to pull out this afternoon. What a beautiful rig, slides and all! We also have visitors in a Prevost, who came from Florida, saw the busses, and figured it would be a cool place to hang out!
All counted, 35 ( yes 35!) of the neatest busses, are resting at The Absaroka Campground, as I write to you.

Wednesday started out with me and my trusty ATV, parking everyone. Other than almost getting taken out once or twice by the big boys, everything went smoothly.
The ladies jumped right out of their coaches, and made a b-line to set up for their craft show. Pam and Dave St.John ( I can not begin tell you what a help and blessing he has been to us...Thank you Dave!) set up the room for the opening night dinner.
Around 11.A.M. our Chef, Gary arrived to get Arnold, our dinner ready. It took 2 hours to prepare the coals, and 5 hours to cook the 100 lb.cutie!
The cocktail party started at 4 p.m., right outside our coach. We put 2 tents up, and lots of chairs appeared. I once counted 45 chairs surrounding our tent area. At 5 p.m. we moved indoors for the official welcoming of the group. From there we moved to "The Ladies of the Coach Shuffle" :?: Let me explain,,, we made every registered guest a wooden I.D. marker for their coach. Every Eagle owner has the E/I logo, and the non Eagles had a special logo.
While we were wrapping them up, gift style, Pam said...wouldn't it be funny if we put the wrong names on the outside and they got mixed up! Well...hence the creation of the Ladies of the Coach Shuffle! :lol: We called all of the ladies to the front of the room, and explained Pam's idea. After a much deserved round of applause for all of the ladies that are responsible for keeping these unit stocked, clean and moving, we randomly handed out the signs to the ladies,,, i.d. marker face down. We sent the ladies back to there husbands, and had them turn the signs over, and what ever name was on the tag,,,,they had to find those people and deliver the signs to them.... it worked great. We had so many new faces in the crowd, we though it would be a way to get them to meet new people. It Worked! :o
The cocktail hour(s) continued until 6 p.m.
We then had our first meal together as a group. After Wayne offered the blessing, we hit the food table.
What a super meal we had, from the Pork, down to the desserts, Bread Putting..rice pudding, with fresh whipped cream and Whiskey Sauce.....sure was tasty!
From there we moved back to our coach for the campfire routine!
Believe it our not, that lasted till about 10:30! Yes our group, who go to sleep with the chickens, hung out until 10:30 p.m. :P

Thursday morning brought us coffee and Donuts, courtesy of Shirley and Jeff Jefferson.
at 8:45. the Trolley Tour arrived to pick everyone up. Now I was sweating out getting enough people to cover the discount rate. We need 20 people, we had 44, and the trolley only held 39!
We needed to sent a few kind troopers on the 11:00 tour. Thanks Renners, and Evans for helping me out of a jam!

The Ladies meeting got started at 11:00 a.m. It was reported that everyone had fun, and it seemed the ladies each got a little closer. This is something Betty Pigg started in Branson, and it is a great way for the ladies to bond.

While I am typing this 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, I just got a phone call from Pam who is at the campground. We just has a Wyoming Rain/Wind storm go by, causing some problems, so I will have to cut this short, and go to the campground to check the damage!
Tonight is an open cook out at our coach, and then 50 of us are off to the rodeo!!
Get back to you when I can.
Tony
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Re: Rally in the Rockies...Under way!

Post by glmccon »

We are at the rodeo right now. All of you who were not able to make it this rally are missing a great time. Pam and Tony have really out done them selves.
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

. . .and a great time is being had by all--even with a little rain and hail! Hear that Paul & Becky--we had to put cold weather gear on about 4:00 this afternoon--I still haven't thawed-out yet!
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

You guys are killing us! :( :lol:

All kidding aside, it sounds like a great time no matter what the weather is. We appreciate the time taken for keeping us updated on what's going on. Have fun and watch out for those mud pies! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

You guys need to play nice Pam and Tony put a lot of effort into that rally to have the type stuff going on I am hearing about

good luck
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Post by dukedelmar »

Friday August 26, 2011...GETTING HOT! MAY BE IN THE MID TO UPPER 80'S TODAY!(who loves ya Becky & Paul?) :P
Sorry for he quick stop of the last post. We had one of our famous wind, rain and hail storms. Got back to the campground to find minimum damage. One of our tents took a bit of a beating, but other than that, all is fine. I have been told that they added the W in yoming, for the Wind! As the old saying goes...if you don't like the weather....stick around 15 minutes, it WILL change! So,So true here.
Last night we had an open cookout that worked out well.Then 53 of us went to the Cody Nite Rodeo. A good time was had by all! We even had some folks wear cowboy boots and hats! Very cool! 8-)

We just got out of our 2 hour General Membership meeting. Please to report that nobody got hurt there!
We wil let you read about it at else where.

Tonight is our final dinner together. Big pot luck dinner planned. The ladies are fixin the vidles even as we speak! If you have been to a rally before, you know the kind of spread these woman can put out. Pause........I have just stood up and gave them a a big round of applause and blew kisses to each of them. As I said at our opening greeting, each male knows where they would be without the Ladies of the Coach

Tony
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Good that is way it is supposed to be and just so you know as we have never met I have always opposed club meeting at general rallies and always will be my feeling about that are well documented lol looking forward to the reading

enjoy
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

All is well in Eagle land Tony and Pam have done a wonderful job hosting there first rally in the Rockies Look forward to there next one. Had a great evening with some great food an Entertainment with Bobby Chitwood a local singer songwriter with a very lovely family. Fun was had by all I'll let Tony or Pam fill in the blanks.
Thanks Guys you done Good!!!!!
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Good, seems like we always have a bumps in the road but after a good night sleep things work out.
Only reason I posted that was I got some 2nd hand info that really disturbed me

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Pam and Tony, a huge THANK YOU!!!!!! It was great to meet you and the tremendous amount of work you both put in on the rally is very much appreciated. What a great time we had in Cody, thanks to you!
Thanks for the gifts too!

Mark & Kathy