Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzsite Rally

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
basil
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404624
Bus Model: 1993 Eagle 15-45-2S
1990 Eagle 15-40

Re: Quartzsite Rally

Post by basil »

Hi folks. I am slowly working on an Eagle conversion in the San Fran area. I would like to pop down to Quartzsite for the Rally. The directions to get there seem clear enough. Could any one tell me how far it is from the Eagle/Flx site to the location where all the vendors are? If it is far, can you drive your bus there or is parking a problem?

I am still pretty much in steel tent mode. Is there anything in particular to think about bringing?

Looking forward to seeing so many eagles in one spot.

Basil
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Basil, to the surplus store it's a walk across the street and to the big tent maybe 3 blocks PS welcome to our board, if you want to go downtown you can use my jeep

Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hey there Basil,welcome to the board .Like Clifford said the venders are real close.We will be steel tenting also for the first time ,so I guess the essenials are in order.Always bring water blankets sleeping bags ,air mattress,cell phone ,alright we're ready lets roll :D :lol:
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Parking, even in a car, is always a problem in the big tent area. People were parking their cars two deep along the sides of the road last year and the police were writing tickets like crazy! Of course, we are staying a lot closer in this year than we did last year so it is walking distance.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
basil
Club Member
Club Member
1990 Eagle 15-40

Post by basil »

Thanks guys. It sounds pretty convenient. I had visions of needing to hike through miles of desert or something.

I'll be driving from Vegas Friday morning. I'll be in a silverside 1993 model 15, red and white up top, with windows cut into the front two luggage bays.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Basil,good deal.We will be leaving fri night after the wife gets home from work.When do you think you will be in vegas ,maybe we can do lunch before you guys leave,we live in boulder city?
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I look forward to meeting everyone! I was new last year and only knew a few people by ID on the other boards. I found an extremely friendly group of people and went away with a whole new group of friends just within a couple of days. Now with this board, it is like a big family getting ready for a reunion even though most of us have never met. Not to mention how much I am looking forward to seeing all the new buses!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
basil
Club Member
Club Member
1990 Eagle 15-40

Post by basil »

Thanks for the lunch offer Van. I live in the bay area. I am just coming into Vegas some time Friday to pick up my bus. I left it at B&B last week to get an estimate on hanging a genset between the steer wheels, something I would have a tough time doing myself. I'll drop you a message when my schedule gets nailed down.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dale,last time I felt this much anticipation I was very young waiting to take my first bus ride to palisades park,NJ .The trip down ,making new acquaintances and having some fun for the first time in along time.I especially look forward to meeting all of you very talented bus owners and seeing your rigs in person.Plan on only seeing only one of my eye balls as the other will be planted firmly in my view finder :lol:
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Cindy & I just made it back from the Indio FMCA rally and we glanced at a couple of good lookin' buses that were parked around the area. We didn't have time to stop and chat--I figured most everyone will be at Quartzsite anyway.

For anyone who might be around the Riverside (CA) area around noon on Friday, that's about when we'll be hittin' the road. We hope to pull in sometime before dark if all goes well. And, as luck would have it, I don't have to work Monday so we might just hang around another night!

Hope to see everyone there and nobody on the side of the road!

Be safe,

Art
www.webcove.com/eagle