Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rally in the Rockies....we are ready....are you!

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Rally in the Rockies....we are ready....are you!

Post by SunChaserCindy »

We are passing through Idaho Falls. Not much oil use yet.

<keeping fingers crossed that this doesn't affect our trip anymore than it has already!> :)
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

178 miles from Ogden UT, near half the trip to Cody...

fingers crossed :shock:
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Post by dukedelmar »

glmccon wrote:McConaughey's and Gehrke-Neuman's are in Thermopolis tonight. Plan to arrive in Cody tomorrow (saturday). We are getting Younger at the Fountainn of Youth Rv park. :roll:
OK...Frea and Glynda arrived a while ago and the "fountain of youth" worked...They both look 10 yrs younger!!!
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

We met up with the Wards, Bernritters and Gourleys today as we drove from Casper towards Thermopolis. We stopped at a rest stop and talked a bit. They are heading to Cody today.

We had planned to stop in Thermoplis tonight anyway, but after Glynda's comments, we decided we had better find a way to get younger - think soaking all night would help? ;) ;)

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Did about half of the park today, saw a moose, bull elk, and sow griz with 2 cubs; what a beautiful park. Got back to W. Yellowstone just in time to welcome Art and Cindy at the RV park, yea, they made it! A little skiff of ice on the bus at 7 am when I washed it but felt like about 80 late this PM. Saw an Eagle heading over the Divide towards Cody, I think it was Dick and Di. There is now 4 of us Eagles here at the RV park along with a big bunch of new Prevosts towing stacker trailers, you know, the silk shorts crowd lol.
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Sounds like you had a great day in the park...Glad to hear that Art and Cindy are there with you all. Yes...more than likely was Dick and Di. They arrived here late this afternoon.

pam
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

It's late so I might not be all here but from what you describe, oil on tow no visible leaks on motor, sounds like maybe a turbo seal. Limp in and we'll check it. good Luck!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Well, the mysterious oil consumption seems to have ended. From Brigham City UT to the west gate (about 270 miles), no significant oil consumption. . .I don't even need to add oil!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that an air box check valve was stuck open. . .we'll see how it does when we get to Cody. Thanks to everyone for your support and words of wisdom.

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Sunchaser Art wrote:Well, the mysterious oil consumption seems to have ended. From Brigham City UT to the west gate (about 270 miles), no significant oil consumption. . .I don't even need to add oil!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that an air box check valve was stuck open. . .we'll see how it does when we get to Cody. Thanks to everyone for your support and words of wisdom.

Art
Ok. Art...we will not even comment on it...do not want to jinx anything.

See you soon!!
Pam
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Cindy & I were driving through Yellowstone in the toad today and ran across Dave & Ginny Eck. . .he was filling his fuel tank with french fry oil or something. He's working his way to the east gate and probably show-up there on Tuesday.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday. . .so far, so good!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA