Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rally in the Rockies....we are ready....are you!

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Rally in the Rockies....we are ready....are you!

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Tony-
I might take you up on that shop. . .I'm gonna fire it up today and see how much blue I'm getting from the exhaust. I got your message and left one for you--we're playing phone tag and your it!

LeRoy-
I have about three gallons of oil left, and I'm hoping there's a parts place near Cody that will have some straight weight 40. . .I'm gonna check around town here and see what I can muster up. I figure we've got about 400 miles to Cody, so we might bypass our Grizzly campground nights and smoke straight through to Cody if there's a shop up there.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone. . .even if the Honda has to tow the bus up the hill!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Sunchaser Art wrote:... I figure we've got about 400 miles to Cody
Art
According to mapquest.com 455 miles over I80 (looks like flat roads) or 418 miles going north on the I15 and then over the mountains and thru Yellowstone. I would like the second one for the scenery but I remember when we picked up our 01 in Minden NV and the return trip was a nightmare on the California mountains with the non turbo 8V71.

good luck.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Julio-

I think we're gonna take the short way, up 15 and across the 20. I did a little more diagnosing today, and I think it may be a bad air box check valve on one side. Tony gave me the name of a shop in Cody, who gave me the name of the Detroit dealer in Billings. He's gonna do some researching and see what he can come-up with. At any rate, I guess we're going to use a bunch of oil, but at least it doesn't appear the motor is going to collapse on itself anytime soon!

We're leaving tomorrow morning for the west gate and see if we can muddle our way through to Cody.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there--and if anyone has a line on an air box check valve. . . .

Safe travels,

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Post by dukedelmar »

Glad to see you are moving. Let us know when you get close.
Derek will help you out.
If we need to, we can drive up to Billings...only about two hours from here, or as the hard core locals would say..."just a stones throw".

Tony
saddleup
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419992
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Post by saddleup »

Art, i will have at least 4 gallons of delo 100 with me if you need it.
Matt.
1974 05
Box Elder, SD
Yuma,AZ
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Hey Art & Cindy, Kathy and I are at Yellowstone Grizzley in West Yellowstone, beautiful park. Dave St. John is here too, c'mon up that old jimmy will make it. We are here till Tuesday. Touring the park the next three days. There is supposed to be 55 Prevosts here for a motorcycle gathering, already 6 or so here now.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Mark-

We're heading that direction first thing in the morning and we're planning on staying until Wednesday morning. . .it'll probably take me that long to clean the tail and the toad the way it's running through oil!

Look forward to seeing you guys up there.

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

McConaughey's and Gehrke-Neuman's are in Thermopolis tonight. Plan to arrive in Cody tomorrow (saturday). We are getting Younger at the Fountainn of Youth Rv park. :roll:
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Art & Cindy....Come to the house??? If you are going to fix it, we can put it in our garage.

Keep the oil companies richer(er).

Give us a call to let us know what is happening.

Glendya and George....don't get too young, that Indian tribe might not let you out of Thermop!

Tony
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

sorry...it's early Glynda.........WAKE up :oops: Tony!