Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Carolina No Foolin Around Rally

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Carolina No Foolin Around Rally

Post by John Mellis »

Well Folks this year's Carolina rally will be held at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. Dates for rally are Thurs Mar 31 thru Sun April 3rd. But don't let those dates stop you from booking ahead or behind the rally. We actually have 30 sites booked from Sun Mar 27 thru Sun April 3rd. And who can believe the rates at $25 a night. Yep, I said $25 a night at the premier camping facility in Myrtle Beach. (Plus 12% tax)

We learned from the Coolin it in Carolina rally last year at Santee State Park that Eagles don't need a complex chain of events to follow. So this year we're dropping into Myrtle Beach where you can pretty much "wing it" on your own or as a group. There's just too much to do there to lock everyone down to specific events. That won't prevent us from pre-planning some outings though. I suppose the ladies will have a couple of shop till you drop outings going on & many of us might enjoy a dinner show or one of the many Seafood Buffet Establishments.
Eric Brown has a house at Ocean Lakes & has graciously volunteered to host the group for Burgers & Dogs on Thursday evening around darkish.
We are not limited to 30 sites but will have to book quickly as this place goes fast. This rally's reservation is being handled by Ocean Lakes. YAAA!!

All you do to register is call Ocean Lakes at one of the following:

Campsite Reservations: 1-877-510-1413 • Rental Reservations: 1-800-845-2229 • Main Office: 1-843-238-5636
Tell them you are calling to book one of the sites with "Eagles International" & they will take care of you. A 50 % deposit is needed at time of booking. All sites have full hookups including cable. If you have a golf cart & plan to use it you must have proof of insurance & have it inspected at Ocean Lakes before using it.

SO check out Ocean Lakes at the following link:

http://www.oceanlakes.com/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just google Myrtle Beach for everything else.

And come hang out with some of your Eagle Buddies. Any other inquiries feel free to call John or Tara Mellis at 803-829-4242

PS- This is not an Eagles only rally. Come one come all!
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Carolina No Foolin Around Rally

Post by John Mellis »

I also wanted to post the agreement with Ocean Lakes for all to be aware of:

January 12, 2011
John Mellis
6066 Vance Rd
Bowman, SC 29018
Re: 2011 Eagles International Rally
Dear Mr. Mellis:
This letter will serve as confirmation of the Eagles International rally scheduled for 3/31/2011-4/3/2011 at Ocean Lakes Family Campground. Thank you for selecting our park for your group rally. A discount of $2.00 per night off the 2011 daily rate will be given to all rally attendees. The rally discount will be effective seven (7) days prior to, during and seven (7) days after the rally for guests who wish to arrive early or stay longer. The rally rate for 2011 will be $25.00 per night plus 12% taxes. ($2 discount is already figured in)
Ocean Lakes has: Made 30 reservations in the 4000 section of the campground, arriving Sunday, 3/27/2011 and departing Sunday, 4/3/2011. Reserva-tions are made in the rally name ‘Eagles International’. Due to our 18 month in advance reservation policy, other guests may be inter-mingled with your group. Confirmation notices for the rally sites will be mailed separately. Attached is a print out of rally site numbers, site dimensions. Most available sites are together. Campsites are conventional campsites and do not have concrete pads. Sunday worship services are held at 9:00 am and the group is welcome to join in and participate in our regular church services for all guests. It is Ocean Lakes’ understanding that rally guests may call on a first call/first serve basis and select & change sites into their name and that the guest will be responsible for all camping fees. A 50% deposit is required on all reservations based on the current year’s rates when the reservation is changed into the individual guest’s name. Please advise rally attendees of our cancellation policy: A $25.00 administrative fee will be charged on all reservations cancelled 14 or more days prior to the guest’s arrival date. Reservations cancelled less than 14 days prior to the arrival date will be charged one night’s stay or a minimum $50.00 administrative fee.

We look forward to having your group visit with us. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we may be of further service to you.
Sincerely,
Judy H Hudson
Office Manager
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

Folks are regestering & I found out that Jeff Jefferson is coming & that means the coffee & doughnuts will be there too! If it's within reach you should consider joining us & having a good time. You just can't do Myrtle Beach for this price. Sorry I can't help you on the fuel cost. :shock: Guys, while the girls are shopping we can visit Bass Pro Shops. That's definitely on my list. Nearly half of the sites are already taken so don't delay!
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
sunlovers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419288
Bus Model: 1967, SILVER EAGLE, MODEL 01 SE, 4 SPEED MANUEL, VIN # 7080

Post by sunlovers »

Kathy and I were at the beach Sunday and it looks like fuel is running any where from $3.25 to $3.36 per gallon. There is a convenience store that carries diesel on Hwy 544 just before you get to Ocean Lakes.
Mike & Kathy Mingus
PARADISE
'67 Model 01 SE, 4 speed man.
8V71, Vin # 7080
Bishopville, SC
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

Thinking about doing the helicopter tour of Myrtle Beach while we're there. :shock: Anyone else interested? :P DOn't be shy people. Step up....
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

John and Tarra,

Go for it! Have a good time. Post video's of the helicopter tour. We are nearing the completion of our new conversion so we will be tied up with that. Wish we were coming to the beach.

Dave and Lois
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but thought about this today while in Charleston. The aircraft carrier Yorktown as well as a WWII sub are on display there. I have been on the tour and it is great if you are into that. About an hour south of MB best I remember. Also the battery, slave market and the boardwalk. Can't do it all in a day though!! LOL
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

For all those who have registered with Ocean Lakes for the rally:

Please contact me by email or phone so we can establish what site you're in, when you are arriving, & other related info. We need a head count for Thursday evening's meal as Eric is planning a Barbecue & wants to cook the proper amount.
For the rest of you who are still considering remember there's no rally fee & you just can't do Myrtle Beach any cheaper...
At this point the reservation numbers are good & it is going to be a great rally & fun too. I can be reached at:
803-829-4242
greatoutdoors@wildblue.net
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

We will be arriving on Wed Mar 30th. How bout you early birds tidy up the place a bit will ya. Whatever you do don't forget some type of bug deterrent. There is an animal along the shoreline in SC know as a sand gnat. This dude is bad to the bone. The only thing I have ever felt that's bite compares is the black fly in Alaska. If you are tough enough or just want to be miserable just try to endure these ferocious unseeable things.
If you're not into bug sprays you can wipe your hands, arms, face with a dryer sheet every half hour or so & this will keep them away. Sign ups are still increasing. We have approx. 10 slots left. Never too late... Come see us! :D
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

John,
I don't know which is more inviting, the sand knats, or Myrtle Beach itself! I guess you can't spray for Myrtle Beach. All the warnings and I still wish we were able to make it to this rally. Stuck in that four letter word and can't make it this time. Somebody needs to play golf and tell me all that I have missed.

Dave
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle