Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzsite Rally Registration and Information

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Quartzsite Rally Registration and Information

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Dale-

We're gonna be in Yuma from Christmas to New Year's, then back sometime after New Year's until the Quartzsite rally. . .Where the heck is the Fortuna de Oro? I'm guessing it's somewhere off Fortuna Road, but that's too much bar hopping--hoping you could hone me in a little closer!

See you at the Q!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

Fortuna de Oro is off of Foothills Blvd (next exit East of Fortuna Blvd). It is on the north/east Frontage road. Sits below the freeway level.
We will try to check them out.
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Thanks Glynda. Would have taken me a while to find the address.

Art, apparently it is not a bar but an RV park. The same with the Oasis place.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Thanks Glynda-

We're gonna be out at our pad (51st Pl. & Foothills) between Christmas and New Years, then again in the week-or-so before Quartzsite. Maybe we'll see you down there one of those Wednesdays!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Well, sadly, we are going to have to pull the plug on our plans to go this year.

I have a project that will require being on call quite a bit of January (a good thing if it works out) and Pat has a convention in Nashville that makes the logistics hard to work out.

It boiled down to a making a quick trip down and back and we just could not justify the cost of such a short trip. The possibility of fighting the snow on the way, with no slack in the schedule for sitting it out, also influenced our decision.

Jim and Pat
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Jim-

That's too bad you and Pat won't be there. . .now where am I gonna spend my money! It sounds like you have a project in the works, and in these times, it's always a good thing--and I'd feel the same way if I had to tread the weather for a day-or-two long trip.

We'll be thinking about you guys,

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Jim Sorry to hear you and Pat won't make Quartzsite. Good luck on your project. Oh and by the way shovel my walks when it snows. I will leave the shovel by the door :lol:.

Stay warm
Wayne
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Howdy folks. I reported earlier that the Gila River Band would be entertaining us at Quartzsite. As of last weekend, apparently they lost their bass player so won't be able to make it. But I am glad to say that the original band I talked to has been able to work us into their schedule.

I just got off the phone with the lead singer for the band and they plan to give us two sets that night if everyone wants the music to keep going that long. I believe it is a going to be a great music night!

If you are interested in checking them out, go to http://www.californiacowboys.com. In addition to the normal band listed on the site, they will be joined by my buddy Mark Yeary, who was the piano player for Merle for many years.

BTW - They have music playing on their site so turn your speakers on.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Good job Dale! Any word on the chow yet?
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Yeah Mark. The Tri-Tip, potatoes and beans are being done by Nelson Majors. Joe Melroy is handling the chicken. I guess me and Wayne will be hanging around doing any grunt work these two cooks need done.

Now if the weather just holds out it is going to be a great weekend!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN