Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

8v71 versus 6v92 bell housing

This forum will archives technical threads that are unique to Eagle Buses. There will be one thread for general comments, but the technical threads will be locked. The intent is to have a repository for detailed technical information that can be of prime importance to an Eagle Bus Owner. New threads can only be created by the forum administrators.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: 8v71 versus 6v92 bell housing

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Clifford, both of these bell housings are from a 71 series. Ed took his off his 71 series that had his 6 something tranny on and mine had the manuel tranny on it. The 6v92 at Erics had the 740 tranny on it. All I took off the 92 was the flex plate and tranny.
The two bell housings in question both came off 71series. I feel like I hauled back the same bellhousing that was on my engine. All measurements and bolt pattern check the same. Not sure of a suttle difference in thickness or something not noticeable to the naked eye though.

Thanks

Kentucky Steve