Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Texas Bus Roundup Has Begun!

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Texas Bus Roundup Has Begun!

Post by Dreamscape »

We were going to head out this morning to TBR, we decided to head out late yesterday afternoon instead.

I said to Becky, "I sure wish we could leave today". Her reply "I don't see why we can't". That's all I needed to hear! :shock:

We arrived around 11 pm, a long story, all good though! Well sorta, Becky had a hard time staying online while we were in motion. We have a Verizon USB 760 air card plugged into our desktop, it didn't like the first location so we moved it to the back and all is well. We had to stop at a Pilot so she could download/upload some work. There were 7 coaches when we got here, and it looks like all spaces are going to be full. We might have to think of a different location for next year, as this area is limited to around 24 +-.

Sonnie mentioned a campground across Lake Texoma that might be suitable, we'll check it out before we head back home.

I'll be posting a few pictures with a link in my PhotoBucket for the rest, in a couple of days.

The trip here was uneventful for the bus, she purred like a kitten and screamed when I had to shut 'er down. :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Re: Texas Bus Roundup Has Begun!

Post by busdriver58 »

Great news my friend! You have been waiting this like a kid!!

I hope next year we can go, this one I had the wallet empty with the purchase of the "new" bus.

All the way from Abilene are flat roads?

Enjoy your Rally!
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

We're having such a great time at this years rally. Meeting lots of new folk and getting to see lots of new buses. I'll get a head count and post it later today or tomorrow.

Weather has been much cooler than in the past, cloudy with mist yesterday morning than the sun popped out.

Sonnie is going to do a show and tell today on his CAT repower, that should be fun as we have three Flxible's here that have done repowers on their coaches. Good to compare what others have done.

Julio, The roads are pretty flat the whole route. What they call hills here in Texas are more like bumps in the road to me. Your 01 will do just fine as mine did.

This is by far the largest turnout we've had to date, getting bigger every year.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Wow, what a time we are having! The weather yesterday could not have been more perfect, bright and sunny!

Sonnie Gray held a show and tell on his CAT repower yesterday. It's amazing that his is not the only one here. Three Flx's with either Cummins or CAT, one Eagle with I'm not sure what, but you could here the power when he rolled in. It was the first time out after the swap, so they were a little nervous.

We had the 24th coach roll in late last night with 1 or 2 arriving today. Here is the total count so far, 4 GM's, 8 MCI's, 4 Flxible's, 1 Prevost and 7 Eagles.

It looks like we'll have to find a new place for next year, as we have outgrown this one. The hunt is on for the location for TBR 2010! ;)

I will post more details and pictures after we arrive back home and I get things sorted out, but here is one of Bob & Sandi Gilbert's showing off the new paint!

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Becky and I arrived home this afternoon, the bus ran perfect the whole trip. We left a few markings everywhere we stopped. ;)

We had a great turnout this year, a total of 26 coaches. That is about double what we have had in the past. We have already decided that we have outgrown our current location, Sonnie and Darrin are going to scout out another one for next year and beyond.

The Eagles were outnumbered by the MCI's by one, Sonnie commented that maybe he should go get another one of his so we could have had a tie. :D

We are all looking forward to next year alreay, it seems we wait all year for this event and then it's all over! :(

Clifford called me today and reminded me that we need to make this an Eagles International event, which we will do with Wayne's help at the Quartzsite meeting.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Congratulations Paul!

Looks like a success!
Julio & Julieta Pérez