Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Yellowstone Trip

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Yellowstone Trip

Post by Eagle Andy »

We took a little trip this past weekend to meet the kids and grandson outside Yellowstone Park. We had a great time , The Bus ran great even with some of the hills we had to travel. We left Miles city on friday morning and headed to jellystone. We had planned to meet the kids in cody and jump in there jeep to locate a suitable camp. We did not take our Tahoe as we are waiting for the tow brackets. So dingy less we hooked up with them at the walmart in cody.
Eileen jumped in with them and I held the fort down with chico and suzy much to there dismay thinking that they would go ahead and scout out what was available. We have stayed in one of the campgrounds before but for the life of me I couldn't remember how far up the North fork it was. W
hen we arrived in Cody the town was packed with alll kinds of outfits , from motorhomes to VW campers.
Thinking we would have trouble with the Bus they went ahead to fine a open space. The kids wanted to get as close to the park as possible so we could run into the park and then return to camp at nite. Eileen calls me and say's the a nice RV park called Yellowstone vally inn that had some open spaces and that I could head that way and wait there, so the three of us head up the valley.Chico is not to fond of bus travel so as soon as I fire up the bus in to the dog bed he goes to get under his blankie to hide , It's not my driving Iam sure lol. So Iam heading up river enjoying the drive and I think well there not that far ahead I'll just keep heading up river until I run into them. Well if any of you have been to the park you know that once you hit the Shoshone Nantional Forest you have no sell phone service at all. I had passed two campgrounds and thought I better stop now or I maight pass them and really mess things up. anyway long storie short storie I stopped at the ranger station and waited. They found me and all well. Eagle Creek camp ground about 10 miles from the park entrance was there choice and it was perfect . It was dry camping but it had a fire pit and table Nice modren restroom neat and clean and fresh drinking water . Here are some pictures from our trip.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Yellowstone Trip

Post by Eagle Andy »

Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Well that's just a few hope you enjoyed.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Gorgeous! Someday we'll make that trip, if the creeks don't rise!

Looks like everybody had a great time. Isn't it great to be alive!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your journey!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Andy, my wife is from Idaho and that made her home sick so guess who's heading for Garden Valley Idaho and the Payette River next week to float the river for a few days.
I will never understand her we stay here when 115 degress and now the weather is cooling and she wants to go , but that's ok I dodged the 10 week trip to Germany lol

Clifford
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Thank You for sharing. When we left Ennis Lin and I went through Yellowstone. Very pretty country.

Thank You Wayne