Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Sunrise Over Abilene

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Sunrise Over Abilene

Post by Dreamscape »

This isn't much of a tale! :lol:

Just wanted you guys to know that the sunrise in Abilene sometimes is gorgeous!

If anyone drives through Abilene on I-20, give us a shout. We are at exit 294, Buck Creek Road at Buck Creek RV Park. Plenty of 100' pull through spaces with 50 amp service, water and sewer. We are in space #1, can't miss the Big Blue Bus!
It's very quite here, no street lights at night so you can see the stars, 6 miles from Wally World, Cracker Barrel and assorted eating establishments. Plus some of the best Texas BBQ around!

If anyone is heading this way on the way to TBR at Eisenhower State Park in October, maybe we could caravan.

We'll leave the light on for ya! :idea:

Goodnight Elizabeth, Goodnight Johnboy..........

Goodnight Chet, Goodnight David........
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Sunrise Over Abilene

Post by Songman »

That's pretty doggone cool, Paul. I feel the same way about Bakersfield. Just every now and then it is pretty. We get sunsets like that and the sun looks as big as a plate sometimes.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Sunrise Over Abilene

Post by van »

Wow!,Paul that's an awesome shot(envisioning the perfect Marlboro moment)of the end of(hopefully)a great day in the Lone star State. :)
Van