Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground

Post by buscrazyinFL »

This place has alot of memories for our family, so we've posted alot of pics. My wife and I have been going to Ft.Wilderness for over 30 years. We took our boys when they were babies, and now they are taking their babies (well, just one so far). When we started out we camped in a pup tent and eventually graduated to our Eagle. We are blessed to live so close, we know, and we have gone many. many times throughout the years. We've seen alot of growth and transformation there, but it will probably always be one of our favorite places to camp.The campground itself has so much to offer...you don't have to go inside the theme parks (unless you want to). The campsite fee includes all their available transportation (buses, boats, and monorails). The campground has two large pools -one with a cool slide, and also a special pool/splash area just for the kids. They have playgrounds, volleyball, basketball, tetherball, etc. Every night they have a sing-a-long with Chip and Dale, a marshmallow roast, an outdoor movie, and you can even see an electical pagent on the water and the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom...and all this is included in your campground fee. If you are looking for more, you can rent paddle boats, speed boats, bikes, or even a golf cart.

Our younger son and his wife go camping with us often, our older son not as much, but on this trip, we were all together...only problem was, we couldn't all sleep inside the bus, so our younger son (not wanting to miss any of the action) pitched a tent behind the bus, lol, it was a great weekend! Hope you enjoy these pictures...

Image...
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground

Post by luvrbus »

Manny,that is what this life is about family we put about 12,000 or more miles a year on our Eagle just to visit the kids and grandkids.
Even when we go to rallies one is always with us our 4 year grand daughter loves to go in big bird as she calls it an it breaks her heart if the bus leaves without her.Very good post about the family I might head for Texas after reading it.
Good luck

Clifford
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

This is perfect for Eagle Travel Tales! What great pictures and great memories. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

Clifford, You and Sonja better stop by here if you head to Dallas! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Manny, The boss and I are planning to be in Florida over Christmas. My Aunt lives in Winterpark. We will need a place to park for a couple of days. Do you think Fort Wildernees would work? My cousins use to work at Disney so it must not be to far from WinterPark. Do they take reservations? Nice pictures.

Thank You Wayne
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Glad you guys liked the post and pics. We feel the same way about family and making memories...

Wayne, Winter Park is close to Disney, but you will definitely want to make reservations. You may have to check out their website or call on a regular basis to get a reservation at this point. They are usually booked up to a year in advance for the Christmas season, but it is not impossible to get a spot. If you have the patience to go online regularly here is their website, although it is not the easiest to navigate through: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort ... ss-resort/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; One helpful hint would be to select "Rooms Only" in your quest prior to entering the dates you are requesting, otherwise they bring up all kinds of package deals w/theme park tickets, etc. (unless you are looking for a pkg. deal). If you get too frustrated with their website, their phone # is 407-WDISNEY. I'm not sure when you plan on being up that way, but the campground offers a special "Pre-Holiday" rate from 11/20/09 - 12/17/09 where the sites run from $61 for a Full hook-up site, to $78 for a Premium Site. The Full hook-up sites are just fine, especially if you can get into the 1700 loop. Just be sure they know the length of your bus. (Our buses will NOT fit into the Tent/Pop Up Campsites , you have to book either a Full Hook-up, Preferred, or Premium, but as I said, the Full Hook-ups are just fine and a better value.) After those dates I mentioned, it goes up considerably ($99 - $104/night) from 12/18/09 - 12/31/09. If you need anything else, let us know. By the way, the sites are all decked out for Christmas, even the golf carts are, it's like a Christmas Wonderland! Here are a few more pics to show you what I mean:

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic