Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Palmetto Cove Bus Rally

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Palmetto Cove Bus Rally

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Here are some sights from our trip to SC for the SE Busnuts Rally this past April. We started out in Orlando, went over a very high bridge in Jacksonville, FL, made it to Cleveland, SC and then passed through Stone Mountain (GA) on our way home. I even ran into a buddy of mine from UPS. We use to run doubles together each night from Daytona to Jax. It was a great trip! Hope you enjoy these pictures...

View of Downtown Orlando from I-4

A trip down Memory Lane

Bridge going into Jacksonville on I-95

Sights from Palmetto Cove

Church up on the mountain top (My wife and I walked up the mt to see it)

Four Amigos: Kyle, Me, KY Steve, Gary(Rustless Moneypit)

Stone Mt Georgia

Parked outside of the Stone Mt Campground
Last edited by buscrazyinFL on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Palmetto Cove Bus Rally

Post by Dreamscape »

Great pictures Manny! Did you see the light show at Stone Mountain? It's pretty neat, saw it about 10 years ago. Also took the tram up and walked down, now that was fun!

That is one beautiful bridge! The picture of the church and winding road reminded me of when I lived in Greensboro NC and enjoyed driving up to the Blue Ridge Parkway during the leaf show in the fall.

Isn't it great that we have the opportunity to see all this great country has to offer!

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Manny, Great pictures sure is neat that we can all see the rest of the country through others eyes. Keep posting pictures of those bridges :lol: .

Thank You Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, looking at the photos of the bridge I thought for a awhile you came to Texas without stopping to say hi.There is one across the Houston ship channel on hiway 146 between Baytown and La Porte that is it's twin.

good luck
Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

No Dreamscape, we didn't get to see the laser show this time, since it was their off season and they do it only on Saturday evenings, but we do remember it being spectacular! We have alot of memories from Stone Mt. We use to camp there in the summer with our kids, only back then it was just with a pop up. The roads leading to their sites are a bit friendlier to pop-up than buses, lol (read our Project Eagle Post # 24 ) And yes, there is nothing quite like the sites of the Blue Ridge Pkwy...we have many memories from there, as well!

Clifford, you KNOW we would have looked you up if we had been in TX :D
It's neat to know there's a twin bridge out your way.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic