Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

I guess I got off lucky on my titling and registration

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: I guess I got off lucky on my titling and registration

Post by MrBreeze »

Lucky You. And You Are Where?

No Insurance.. WHAT.!!!

JOHN :shock:
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I have insurance John they just don't require proof to buy plates.

good luck
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Yes,I Understand That.Its Just That I Thought By Now That All States Required "PROOF OF INSURANCE" Before You Could By Plates.

Thats What I Meant By Lucky You.

Here In Colorado (Denver) You Have To Show Proof Of Insurance Even If You Are Getting Just A Temp Tag For 30 Days.

Takes All The Fun Out Of Driving, :evil:

Take Care 10-4
JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Not Tennessee...
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
ArtGill
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F293518
Bus Model: 1989 NJT model 20

Post by ArtGill »

Come East, I just renewed my tags in North Carolina for $28.00 and the inspection will be $9.00. I had my titled changed to "House Car" motorhome before I even applied for my NC title. I did have to pay sales tax, but the DMV title people looked up the value and it was far below what I paid. I didn't question, but paid and quickly left with my tag.
Art
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I put a tag on my 1973 05 about 2 months ago in South Carolina. Paid $ 16.00 in county tax, and $ 25.00 for plate. No wgt, no inspection!!! Only thing I've gotten cheap on this project!!!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

When I went to my county office to pay property taxes so I could get a tag I got a welcome surprise. Only $54 on a 1982 Eagle. Just knew I was gonna break the bank before that welcome surprise. And at the DMV it was the same as Eric's, $25 for the plate. Just a few days prior I stopped at DMV to ask the procedure. When the lady got through explaining the inspection process they were going to put the vehicle through & that I had to have a CDL because it was a bus & so on & so on. Glad I went back on her day off. Told the attendant that I was registering as a motor home. No questions asked. Isn't it amazing how things can change from day to day at government installations.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Here In Colorado (Denver) You Have To Show Proof Of Insurance Even If You Are Getting Just A Temp Tag For 30 Days.

Takes All The Fun Out Of Driving, :evil:

Take Care 10-4
JOHN[/quote]

Recently I bought my wife a small 4 wheeler (all terrain vech) and the state wanted me to purchase a $128 sticker for it.

That dog didn't hunt at all.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dexterdancer
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle 20 New Jersey Transit

Post by dexterdancer »

I have a NJT Eagle 20 with stock 2 stroke diesel engine. Any experience with smog checks and cdl requirements in california? Thanks, Michael
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Michael-

As a matter of fact, we went through the registration process in California about five years ago. After about three hard runs at the DMV, we finally converged at a solid meeting point. Initially, they told me it had to have all the permanently mounted equipment to re-class it as a motorhome. A few supervisors later, I found that all I needed to do was sign a declaration (on a DMV form) indicating my intent to convert the coach and attesting that I wouldn't use it for commercial use. After signing the declaration, I walked out of there with the bus registered as a special construction motorhome.

As far as smog, thus far there's no smoke requirement for these ol' mosquito killers. At this point, the only requirements seem to apply to manufacturers meeting CARB/federal standards. . .so, you get off easy.

As far as licensing requirments, that's a little touch-and-go. The DMV has the requirements posted on-line, but it can be a little persnickity trying to decipher. Here's my personal take on it, but I'm not a resident expert by any means. Technically, if you're 40' or less, you don't need a Class B non-commercial endorsement or physical; if you're over 40', I believe you need both. In the commercial section, there is a requirement for vehicles over 26,000 pounds, as well as an air brake endorsement; although it's in the commercial section, the code indicates (or used to say) "any vehicle". Long-and-short, if you talked to three DMV folks, guess how many answers you'd get?

I'll leave it to the pros from Dover for a final call. If you want to get the best answer, contact your local commerical CHP office and see what they have to say.

Good luck,

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA