Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

So Cal Heat. . .

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

So Cal Heat. . .

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Well, we made a trip to Porterville, CA from Riverside, CA for Cindy's birthday (big family party at mom-in-law's house), and it was 105 degrees outside on the way back. For those of you familiar with California, I rolled up the Grapevine at about 20 MPH to hold the temp at 190. . . we had 10 souls on board and we made it back in one piece. We ran one 15K BTU roof air/heat pump, and that kept the inside temp at about 95 degrees with the sun blasting in the front window. I was hoping a little cooler for the inside, but I'm just happy to have climbed the rock without hatching the motor. As we were making the climb, there were about half-a-dozen trucks and a dozen-or-so cars overheated off the side in the 9-10 mile climb, so I don't feel too bad. Of coure I didn't pass anybody on the uphill swing, but even the heavy trucks weren't making much progress over the hill.
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: So Cal Heat. . .

Post by Eagle Andy »

Wow I have pulled the hill a few times when I was OTR for Watkins Sherperd Iam glad I don't have to pull it any longer . At least until We come to visit but this time it will be in the Cowboy Coach and it will be in the winter lol .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: So Cal Heat. . .

Post by Dreamscape »

Every time I went up that hill I always thought of "What If". Fortunately it was never during the "Hot Days of Summer". I had visions of being stranded, belching steam and some pretty ugly thoughts. Never did it in Dreamscape, so I can't say what would happen. I do know this, I'll never climb it in the heat of summer in the Eagle! ;)

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/