Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Alaska by Gary Throneberry and Wayne Schell

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Bob Gilbert
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: f367175
Bus Model: 1977 05 roof raised 7" 10 speed roadranger manual

Re: Alaska by Gary Throneberry and Wayne Schell

Post by Bob Gilbert »

Going from cures to real hart meds might get a guy in trouble !
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Gary doesn't have any room to talk. We all stood and stared at a so called mountain goat ( big white rock ) for an hour and it never moved. Gary said the thing was sleeping. I think i have a picture of so called goat if someone comes up here in the next year or two will you see if the goat is still sleeping. Thanks for the safe travels for everyone. Today is a rest day and on to canada tomorrow. I hope none of the patrols at the crossing get in a fight with their wives tonight wish us luck.

wayne
garhawk
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle 20 NJT

Post by garhawk »

We've had a good two day rest and repair here at Glacier Mist park in beautiful Cutbank, Mt. Wayne has a new set of universal joints and the other three of us have polished off those little details to put us in the green for travel. All but me washed their buses yesterday - guess I'll show up at the border all dirty.

Breakfast will be an outside community affair this morning at 8:30. We're gonna try to eat up everything that would not be allowed into Canada, then, it's button up and head for the border.

There is no plan, at least of which I am aware, for our next landing. Stay tuned - Wayne will probably bring you current tonight!
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Well the boarder crossing went relatively smooth. The people at the boarder were very nice and polite. We are inn a town south of Calgary a few miles called Okotoks. We pulled into a Walmart for the evening and in the parking lot sat an MCI and it is Jack's friend that he told us to keep an eye open for. That is quite the coincidence don't you think.

Wayne
blue_goose
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F46002
Bus Model: 1968 Eagle 05 for 26 years #7600 Still love Eagles but now have a
1990 MCI 102C3 converted by Hoffman Coach

Post by blue_goose »

Just got a text from my friend Marty that he met you folks in a Walmart. Small world isn't it. Gary you should remember Marty from The New Years rally. Keep up the post, I am sure we all enjoy reading about your trip.
Jack
Jack Campbell
Polk City, Florida
FMCA F46002
Eagle International Life Member
garhawk
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle 20 NJT

Post by garhawk »

Well folks, get you some popcorn and beer - this trip is really starting to come on strong. Wayne was very kind in his description of the border crossing. Three of us went thru without having to show our shorts but then, here comes Tony in his big 70 ft Prevost rig sporting a Colt 45 with a phony set of papers saying the Canadian border approves of such a crossing.

Well, the straight three of us are sitting in the Canadian parking lot waiting on my brother, who has been hauled into the interrogation room. Our buses are parked alongside several signs which read " DANGER High Radiation Zone". That's comforting to know, I guess now we'll be lit up all the way across the rest of this wonderful country.

Meanwhile, back across the way the Mounties are asking Tony where he got those phony papers, why is he trying to corrupt their nation with firepower and, what is he planning to do with all that American cash. So, they send him back to the U.S. where he must make arrangements to surrender his pistola to the nearest gun dealer (which just happens to be at a beer joint). The bar maid gave him a receipt and promised Tony the dealer would collect the gun and forward it to the nearest dealer in Tennessee.

Now comes our haggled fourth member back across the border (for the third time) where he is threatened with a ticket for being in the wrong crossing lane. The Prevost driver is finally back with the caravan parked in the high radiation zone. We hotfoot it to the nearest Walmart in beautiful downtown Tokopot. After a large dose of heart medicine, Dave and Carol hit the deli, Tony needed some alone time,
Wayne, Lin, Gloria, Becky, and I head for Rick's All Day Grill. I swear they tried to poison us. Back at the parking lot, Marty Hixon from Atlanta, Ga. bangs on Tony's door and informs him that no Prevosts may be parked in Walmart's lot. Poor Tony can't take any more but he can't shoot himself because the barmaid has his gun back at the border.

I can' t write any more because...
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

Well I guess Canada can only handle so much beauty and Toni may have pushed them over the edge. so weird as I am guessing the first 3 buses had the same paper work for their waist weights. continue having fun.
we wiil fly from Wichita to Anchorage a week from today the take a cruise back.
LeRoy
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

Sounds like either the three amigo's, or those other three, Mo, Larry, etc. I did receive a pic to show how warm and sunny it is there. Not sure if that is Elmer Fudd or not? If so they must have made him leave his gun stateside!!

Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

I'm laughing my ass off'! My buddy tried to lie about his pistolia and they knew! He had to take it apart and mail it back in pieces to himself in California. With this gang I predicted this ...lol. Wish you all no chaos, perfect weather, and endless supply of heart medicine and safe travels. Kelley and I , Eddie and Debra Barrella would love to be with you enjoying the fun.

Randy Coons
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

Someone said one of the officers told him to squeal like a pig!!LOL
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP