Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

getting ready

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

getting ready

Post by Liberty »

We have been sitting here in Mid-Missouri out in the Osarks since Aug.6. Today is packing and be ready to pull out in the AM. We have been watching (security) a B&B farm for a couple so they could go on vacation. They came home monday and now we can move on. While here we have been attending a little country church and they thinkk we should stay. So after the worship service in the morning they are having a farewell carry-in for us. We will drive Liberty to church and after the food and games are done we are heading out for Branson.
Looking forward to seeing friends and meeting new folks.
In our fulltime life we have coined a phrase for these folks "our new old friends" those we bond with like HS friends. never see them till a rally or RV park but just start where we left off.
guitarman
Bus Model: 88' model 20

Re: getting ready

Post by guitarman »

Where bouts' in the MO Ozarks were you? We're in Eminence, actually about 12 miles back in the sticks outside of Eminence. I thought we might have been close by to where you were. I'll look you up at the rally in Branson and introduce myself.
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Liberty »

We are between Vienna and Dixon. When you look at a map the Gasconade River makes a big ish hook loop and we are on a bluff just on the top of that bend in the river. Check out
http://www.rockeddy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a look at the place we have been watching.
I am looking forward to meeting you.
we are in a blue 01 named Liberty, I hope to have her somewhere close to clean by then.
LeRoy & Anne Willis
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Lin and I are in Goodland KS this morning. We met some friends here for a car show and races. We will be leaving for some where around K City today. Monday we will be very close to where you are in Dixon to see our great nephew. Maybe we will drive through Waynesville for the fun of it.

Wayne

PS. This must be the trip for being in the right place at the right time. On the way to Kansas we stopped at a rest area to stretch our legs when out of nowhere I hear someone call my name. It was John in his latest acquisition a cop car with all the bells and whistles. Kind of startling to here someone call you name from a cop car.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

The real question is: Who is bringing the chapter coffee pot :D

We are leaving today and hope to be in Branson late afternoon on Tuesday.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Sorry to steal this thread, but sort of on topic.

Wayne, good to talk to you this morning.

Here is the info on the campground in Dixon, MO:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index ... ic=24341.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is an announcement about Christy Hick's rally, but the info on Michael & Christi Hargis' campground is in the thread.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Sonnie Gray
Club Officer
Club Officer
FMCA #: F215907
Bus Model: 72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat, 70 0/5, 85 Model 10

Post by Sonnie Gray »

I have the coffee pot, and Good Lord willing and the creeks dont rise,
I will be there Wednesday.

Sonnie Gray
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

Sonnie. Did you talk Bill into shifting the tewnty speed and going?? !!LOL
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Liberty »

Wayne, IF you get on I-44 at St. Robert and head SW you cannot miss your namesake town, it is right there next to St. Robert. I think it is really pretty country but everywhere you look there is a hill or a tree in the way and you cannot see the scenery.