Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Pratt's Current Trip

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Pratt's Current Trip

Post by gpzzdrm »

Hi All,

We have now traveled over 4331 miles on our trip (according to my VMSpc).

We have been across the U.S. from home in Carson City, NV. The first day out we stopped in Elko, NV, then 2 nights in Park City, UT, and then one night in Rawlins, Wy. We visited Wayne and Lin Schell at their place It is always good to see them. I much appreciate Wayne's help replacing my auto-transfer switch. The old one failed on our first night out in Elko. From the Schell's, we headed on, driving pretty much 450+ miles per day to get to our older son's new home in Bedford, New Hampshire. We enjoyed a 9 day visit there, helping them to get settled. They had moved in only 3 weeks prior to our arrival. Their driveway is well big enough to handle our bus with room to spare.

From there we went to Liberty RV Park in Jersey City, NJ, then to Cherry Hill Park in College Park, MD allowing us to visit the Washington D.C. Mall. Then on to Wiliamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Virginia. Great old U.S. history there. After that, we stopped over night in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Then we came to where we are now, in Charleston, South Carolina. Many thanks to John and Tara Mellis who recommended one of the nicest RV parks we have ever stayed in, that is the James Island County Park Campground. It is very convenient to Charleston. We have enjoyed it. We were planning on leaving this morning, but some pretty gnarly weather has come up, so we opted to stay another night before heading off to Savannah, GA.
Again, a big thanks to Wayne and Lin for allowing our visit. I appreciate the help with the switch and we enjoyed dinner with you that night too. Also again, thanks to John and Tara for the recommendation to the RV park.

More to come as we continue our trip. We are looking forward to seeing you all in Branson.

Take care all,

Bill & Lani
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Pratt's Current Trip

Post by Eagle Andy »

Thanks Bill for the update, Sounds like your have a Great time Enjoy and be safe.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member

Post by gpzzdrm »

We are home. Since my first blog about our trip, written when we were in Charleston, SC, we have done a bunch more. From Charleston we went to Savannah, GA for 3 days, then on to Daytona Beach, FL. We had planned to go to Key West, but at the last opportunity before heading down there, we decided we had run out of time if we intended to get to the Branson rally a couple of days early. We opted to skip the Keys, and headed to Naples, FL. While there we visited Everglades City. From Naples, we went up the gulf coast, but pretty much pushed straight through, stopping at Lake City, FL, Atlanta, GA, then Tupelo, MS, North Little Rock, AR and then to the really great rally in Branson. We did arrive 2 days early, finding the Wards and Willises there. Byron and Betty were checking in at the office as we arrived. Several others came in that day too. As said, the rally was super. We enjoyed our old Eagle friends and were very pleased to meet some we had not had the benefit of knowing before. It is really fun to put faces with the names we know from our Eagles forum. To me, it clearly shows one of the benefits of the website.
We left Branson at the conclusion of the rally on the 10th and headed to Oklahoma City in caravan with the Jeffersons, Schells and St. Johns. Fun trip. Typical of the Schells, nice people that they are, they went only to be sure that Jeff and Shirley (and their grandson Jake) got home safely. They are really exceptional people. We all spent that night at a Walmart, and had dinner together, along with the Jeffersons. At Jefferson's shop the next morning we had new shocks put on the bogies and drive axle. We left Oklahoma City that morning, went to Shamock, TX, then to Santa Rosa, NM, Holbrook, AZ and then to Laughlin, NV for 3 nights. We left there yesterday morning, stopped overnight last night in Bishop, CA. We arrived home in Carson City at about 1:00 p.m. A safe and enjoyable trip of 8469.3 miles and exactly 9 weeks time and very minimal problems.

We have wonderful memories of our 50th anniversary trip. We checked our mail when we got home and found a very nice anniversary card from our friends at the Branson Rally. Thank you all.

Bill & Lani
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Congratulations Bill.
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

Now that is what I call a trip! It was great to meet you guys in Branson. I now have a lot of new faces to go buses and names!! The park in Charleston is always one of our favorites. About three hours away. We hope to make the grand adventure one day!!! I tell Jefferson when I get big I want do just like him. Go by the shop, fill up, grab a biscuit, a hand full of cash, and leave for a month!! Congrat's on 50 years, and many more!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

Congratulations Bill & Lani on your Milestone!

Where do the years go?

Frankie and I are nearly there too.
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member

Post by gpzzdrm »

Thank you all.

Joe, the time not only "flies", it is a like a rocket when you get to my (Bill's) age.

Bill & Lani