Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Notorious Detroit Diesel Oil Leak

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: new
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Notorious Detroit Diesel Oil Leak

Post by TexasBorderDude »

Well I finally got out of the heat in Texas and am I western rural Wisconsin. Temperatures are in the 70's during the day and low 50's at night.

I walked around the bus at a stop and saw oil leaking from the bus. Nothing new right? Wait..... it's not black??? It's virgin oil and coming from my bay with the water tank in it.... huh???

Unloaded part of the bay and found one of my gallon jugs of oil had been pierced by a sharp edge and had leaked down on top of the fresh water tank and was oosing out the bottom edge of the bay. Well I jacked up one side and got most of the oil to flow to the edge and sopped it up with paper towels. Will power wash when I can. At least it's not full of black pigment!

dg
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Notorious Detroit Diesel Oil Leak

Post by luvrbus »

Only you Doyle are you positive Coffee didn't causes it,Sonnie said you still have black smoke so are you coming this winter so we can fix that little problem

Clifford
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: new
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Post by TexasBorderDude »

What smoke?

Yep, Clifford I do need your help to find out what's smoking it up so bad. I think it's gotta be an air problem. You say when, and I'll be there. Around Quartzsite?

As for Coffee, you taught her to smile; but she was laughing her butt off with that bus layin' over on the side!

dg
cody
FMCA #: 256017
Bus Model: 1981 eagle model 10

Post by cody »

Ahah, found you lol, your not hanging around that campground in Hixton are you?