Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

"Gimme A Break" Eagle siting

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

"Gimme A Break" Eagle siting

Post by John Mellis »

ImageCheck this out. Tara & I slipped off Thursday evening headed to James Island County Park near Charleston SC for a few days of fishing & enjoying the Coach. The best part was the drive to & from. No problems to report. Felt great!
The campground I can recommend as it is nice & very convenient to anything in Charleston. Watch the last couple of miles on the two main roads leading to the Park as they are lined with low slung Live Oaks. Might be a good site for a future rally. Tara followed me with the boat in tow so we could make the best of it.
Fished Friday & Saturday catching a whole bunch of Seatrout. All but one were too small to keep though. Got a good 23 inch trout though. That one will be good in the pan. Tara put a keeper Redfish in the boat & several flounder. Again the best part though was the Bus performing flawlessly. Guess the Bus Demons were given the slip this time.ImageImage
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
sunlovers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419288
Bus Model: 1967, SILVER EAGLE, MODEL 01 SE, 4 SPEED MANUEL, VIN # 7080

Re:

Post by sunlovers »

Glade to see you guys out and about without the demons. Those are sure some nice lookin fish. Hope you you hade a great time.
Mike & Kathy Mingus
PARADISE
'67 Model 01 SE, 4 speed man.
8V71, Vin # 7080
Bishopville, SC
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re:

Post by Eagle Andy »

Outstanding John glad to hear your out an about in that Bird :D
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Re:

Post by gpzzdrm »

I just put the St. James County Park on our agenda for the trip we are hoping to take for our anniversary. Some things going on that may change, but we are planning on an extensive trip leading to Branson. Thanks for the insight to an RV park near Charleston.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Re:

Post by John Mellis »

Bill,
It's James Island County Park. You also should consider the pull through sites. I think#'s 30-40. Call way way ahead to reserve...
Here's another good spot near Charleston. http://www.oakplantationcampground.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re:

Post by rusty »

I did not see a Walleye in the catch. OK maybe you are a little to far south, or could it be you need a lesson in how to catch the best eating fish in the lake. Glad to see you had a relaxing trip.

Wayne
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member

Re:

Post by gpzzdrm »

I had the name right on my Street Atlas, just mis-spoke the name here. Thanks for the recommendation on the other park as well. I will check it out.

We have never been to Virginia, NC, SC, Georgia or Florida in the bus. Actually, we have touched Georgia's North border (Chickamauga), but we can't count that as a real visit to that state. Lani's father was born in Chickamauga, and we attempted some genealogy work there.

We have been in every other state of the union, including Alaska, with the bus, except Hawaii and that, obviously, ain't gonna happen as buses don't breathe water very well. We also have been to all the Provinces of Canada except the Northwest Territories and Newfoundland.
We are really looking forward to seeing the Southeast.

Our intent is to shoot across the country to D. C., head down through the states mentioned, then head to the rally in Branson. Assuming things don't change for plans after that, we will head to Southern Calif. to our son's place for our 50th anniversary reception, then home at the end of October.

Again, thanks for the recommendations.

Bill
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Re:

Post by John Mellis »

Bill,
I forgot to mention we have room for you to stay here too. We can hook you up... get it? :roll:
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member

Re:

Post by gpzzdrm »

Got it. Thanks. We may see you in Sept.