Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Heading out to the Northwest...........

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Heading out to the Northwest...........

Post by Dreamscape »

We are in El Paso, Texas. We met Julio and his wife Julieta here at Mission RV Park yesterday afternoon. (Busdriver58) After 7 years of emails we finally met in person! It was a great feeling to sit down and talk face to face. They are staying in their 01 next to ours.

We took Clifford's advice and ate dinner at Cattleman's Steak House last night. That is one amazing place!

You can follow along on our blog to read more.

http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

Glad you finally got to meet Julio and his wife. I am also very glad that you posted a picture of his bus. This is the bus that I have asked several times who it belonged to because it looks alot like our paint job. Mystery now solved. Thank You....................
Isn't the Cattleman's Steak House wonderful? We stop every time we can and always love it.
Safe travels..................
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
longjohn
Bus Model: Dont have a bus yet

Post by longjohn »

Paul , I have been following your travels on your blog, looks like you folks are having a great time . Be safe in your travels , the pics of the little one in the drivers seat rock. all six of our grand babies have helped steer popi's big truck ( my freightliner cascadia) but I cant wait until we get em in a bus and leave parents at home :o
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

We are having a great time in Tucson visiting family. Glad everyone is enjoying our trip and blog.

We will leave here on Tuesday morning heading to Mojave Valley to visit Clifford and Sonja for a couple of days, then onto Orange County for a week.

It's been a great trip so far with no problems.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

We are at Clifford's and enjoying the stay. Teaching Clifford how to post a photo using Photobucket. This is a great shot of their old Eagle.

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Since the last post we visited Randy and Kelley Coons in Paso Robles. What started out as a one night stay turned into three! They are such gracious hosts and it was great to finally meet them. They gave up their precious time to give us a tour of the coast and the hills surrounding their gem along the Central California Coast! Thanks for a wonderful time! 8-)

Our last stop took us to visit Harry and Liz Johnson in Live Oak, CA. They own three Silver Eagles and are Austin Healey owners as well. We intended to stay one night but due to a mechanical issue it turned in to three. The wheel seal that gave us problems at our last Texas Bus Roundup decided to test my patience again. Hopefully with Harry's many years of experience the fix will last much longer than the last one. We are in Yreka, CA and everything looks good.

Thanks Harry and Liz for your hospitality and friendship! We hope to see you guys somewhere on the slab and not have to spend time getting greasy! :roll:

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

We landed in Vancouver, WA on November 10th.

Our bus buddy Doug is letting us park at his place for an undetermined amount of time. I plan to help him with his MCI 102A3 and of course we'll do our engine/tranny swap here.

Becky and I had a wonderful trip. Not only did we visit family along the way, we managed to visit some bus nuts. Julio and Julieta Perez in El Paso, TX. Kelley and Randy Coons in Paso Robles. Liz and Harry Johnson in Live Oak, CA. RJ Long in Fresno, CA and of course Sonja and Clifford Allen in Mohave Valley, AZ.

Thank You for allowing us to visit and share your time with us!

We maneuvered our bus about 2800 miles from start to finish. Used about 2 1/2 gallons of oil and purchased approximately 371 gallons of diesel. Not bad for a tired engine.

Here we are getting setup in our new home.

You can go to our Travel Blog to read all about it.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

Looks like you had a great trip!!!! Good luck with the engine swap. You need the following advice

1. Buy 3 boxes of disposable rubber gloves!!! Grease on the old engine stays forever!!

2. Have lots of BIG wrenches, and sockets

3. MOST IMPORTANT!! Watch all body parts!!! There is nothing under 500lbs!!! LOL
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Eric,

Points well taken! I'm sure more will be added to the list, like a higher limit credit card! :roll:

Believe it or not, I am really looking forward to doing this. 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740