Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

End of TBR 2011

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

End of TBR 2011

Post by Dreamscape »

As the sun sets and the dust settles, we find ourselves looking forward to our next rally. 8-)

We had a pretty good turnout considering the stifling heat we encountered. Although we did get some much needed rain early Saturday morning, and cooler temps.

We had 7 Eagles, 2 MCI's, 1 GMC, 1 Prevost, 1 Schoolie and two RTS's. A few that had made reservations could not make it for one reason or another.

We fueled up just south of Santo, TX and noticed a big puddle of oil under the drive axle. This is not good! :x Limped to Coffee Creek RV Resort and Sonnie located a mechanic that said he could fix it. Of course the seal for the hub could not be located, had to be shipped in ( got two ). It arrived on Monday, repaired and we were off to the races back to Georgetown, TX.

Dave Kellas was a huge help and felt good to have someone along during the process.........Thanks Dave!

Our hub had a sleeve for the inner bearing and had spun, it was pinned and secured as we could not find a hub to match ours. Somewhere in it's life I'm sure it had spun a bearing and they milled it out for the sleeve. I did call Ogburn and found that the hub had been discontinued many years ago, go figure! :shock:

We did go to Tejas coach, Charlies had one but also was very fond of it! We decided to get the original fixed and look for another one just in case.

Sonnie won the raffle on Saturday night, a prize he couldn't refuse! :lol: I'll post some pictures later once I have time. We got home at 11:30 pm and was too tuckered out to even fire up the computer.

Another adventure behind us and waiting for the next one!

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/