Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Heading out to Texas Bus Roundup 2011.........

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Heading out to Texas Bus Roundup 2011.........

Post by Dreamscape »

Tomorrow morning! Yipee! 8-)

Our fifth annual rally is going to be a special one. Lot's planned and of course bunches of eats!

Bus all checked out, new steer shoes tomorrow morning, Becky's busy getting ready while I'm at work.

Will post pictures and happenings as we move forward, if we don't melt that is! :shock:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
JOE DYE
Bus Model: 1985 Silver Eagle 10
8v92TA
Allison auto

Re: Heading out to Texas Bus Roundup 2011.........

Post by JOE DYE »

Very cool. We're not going to be able to make it this year but hope to catch up with you when Y'all get back. Have a safe trip.
Joe Dye
Joe Dye
Type,Texas 78621
85 Eagle 10
8v92TA, Allison Auto.
joedyeranch@gmail.com
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Have a safe trip and enjoy it my friend! and please don't forget the pictures...
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Paul & Becky,
You two, and everyone else hitting the road, have a safe trip. We are leaving Carson City, NV on Monday to head toward Cody, taking our time, but will get there on the 20th. This will be our first trip this year not counting the aborted trip to Quartzsite. Usually, we get 10,000+ miles in a year. We are really looking forward to this one.
Bill & Lani
P.S. Congratulations on the new grandchild. We have four and have found grandkids to be really fun.
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
saddleup
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419992
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Post by saddleup »

Hey, Paul and Becky, have a good time we are getting excited about Cody, second thing i told my new employers after i said i will do there job, was i need days off, to go to Cody.
Iam glad the Texas Bus roundup is in Texas,shows Bus nuts arent confused all the time. :lol:
Matt
1974 05
Box Elder, SD
Yuma,AZ
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Heading out to Texas Bus Roundup 2011.........**Arrived**

Post by Dreamscape »

Got two new front shoes installed yesterday, felt good to have some fresh rubber!

The drive up went well until I stopped for fuel as a Shell station, lowest price we found at $3.42. A fellow bus nut stopped with us and while I was fueling up I noticed a big puddle of oil under the bus........... It wasn't there when I pulled up, so suspected the worse. Our drive axle on the PS blew a seal, one we had repaired last October before our tip to Branson.

We limped in to Coffee Creek RV Resort http://www.coffeecreekrvresort.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and set up camp. A nice spot to camp along I-20, just west of Ft. Worth. I couldn't stop thinking about that oil puddle and wondered how I was going to get it fixed. I don't have the proper tools to pull the wheels to get to the problem. Sonnie Gray showed up around 5 pm and said he had a friend that was a mobile mechanic and gave him a call. Hopefully today he'll stop by and see if maybe we can move it up to his shop and let him do the repair. Hoping that a seal can be found and we can be ready for the trip back to Georgetown on Sunday.

Sonnie brought up a good point. Maybe the vent was plugged, with the tremendous heat we are experiencing, the expanded oil just pushed through the seal due to the pressure build up. Who knows for sure, but it seems like a likely scenario. I've never driven the bus in such hot weather before, it just sucks! :evil: The coolant temps were normal @ 175, tire temps @ around 125, my temp not so good! :x

Other than that, we are having a great time visiting with old friends and making a few new ones. We have a total of 13 buses so far. 6 Eagles, 1 Prevost, 2 RTS's, 1 Buffalo, 1 Schoolie and 2 MCI's. Not bad for this time of year and the extreme heat we've had.

We had a great meal last night, picked it from Natty Flat Smokehouse http://www.bbqrestaurantweatherford.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. A neat little place next to their Texas Style furniture store.

More later as the festivities progress. 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/