Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Fall Classic "Football Tailgating" Tour?

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: new
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Fall Classic "Football Tailgating" Tour?

Post by TexasBorderDude »

I've started to investigate the possibility of a Fall Classic "Football Tailgating" Tour. I started with the home schedules for LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Alabama and Tennessee and am considering a tour of the South East to tailgate each weekend at one of the locations.

A couple of questions:

Anyone interested in joining in such a tour (all or part!) ?

Anyone already tailgate regularly at ANY university?

(Dale) Is it possible to get a list of forum members in order by state, city to try to hook-up with Eagles along the way? (The sort by location appears to be alphabetical of the first letter of the location...eg. Abilene, Tx... Athens,Ga... Auburn, Al)

Thanks to all for any input!

dg
Speck
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle 01

Re: Fall Classic "Football Tailgating" Tour?

Post by Speck »

Doyle -

As the keeper of the roster I will be happy to sort and send it to you. I have your personal e-mail address, so watch for it sometime today. Sounds like a lot of fun - won't it be great to have football weather again? This heat is miserable.

Stay cool!
Becky aka Mrs. Dreamscape
1968 Silver Eagle 01
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks, Becky!

I'm knocking off some of the cobwebs and trying to find a storage place for everything so I can "roll" in the bus. Going to try to get to TBR, but only if you'll promise that it will be at least as hot as camping on the sun!!!

See you soon!

dg
Speck
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speck »

Oh I can pretty much promise it will be that hot! The good news is, there is a swimming pool at this site, and lots of trees, from what I have seen on their website. Bring your swim trunks - probably won't need a towel though! You can just air dry. There is also an air conditioned community room, if I recall correctly, where we can gather. Hope you can make it to the rally.

Just sent the roster sorted by state to your personal e-mail address.
1968 Silver Eagle 01
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Doyle, you should feel privileged. Normally, the roster is only available to chapter members. Please make sure that it is used for your needs only.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks, I do feel privileged and I thought I was a chapter member. I will honor the privacy of all.

dg
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Doyle, my sincere apologies.

I looked in the roster and you are indeed a chapter member. Somehow, your status on this forum was not updated. I have written to Dale to make sure that gets corrected.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
TexasBorderDude
Club Member
Club Member

Jim, absolutely no problem. I've gotta admit I don't recall paying any recent dues, so I could be one of those church members who sits right up front, but forgets to put anything in the plate as it's passed :oops: :oops:

dg
Speck
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speck »

Well, I may be blonde, but I am not that dumb, Jim! Of course I would not share the roster with a non-member. I double checked it before I even responded to Doyle.
1968 Silver Eagle 01
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Becky, I should have known.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO