Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Reporting from Nashville

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Reporting from Nashville

Post by Boomer »

Wrapping up our visit to Nashville, what a town. Our buddy Songman filled us in on what to see and do, thanks Dale! Did all the sights, honkytonks, Grand Ole Oprey. Great show, Vince Gill, Doobie Brothers, Alison Krauss and our own Joey and Rory; they are GREAT! Things are mostly repaired after the May floods. Checked out Eagle Nest, Nite Train and Hemphill Bros. coach companies too. Heading north to colder climes. I highly recommend Nashville guys if you can afford the fuel to get there.
Last edited by Boomer on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Reporting from Nashville

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Mark-

Sounds like a good time. . .we're planning on heading that direction in the foreseeable future--assuming fuel stays below $100/gallon. Right now, we're working on hitting the Cody rally in August--if we can conquer the Baker grade in August! Maybe we'll kidnap Dale in the near future and have him show us the way around Nashville in the next year-or-so.

Safe travels to you guys, and maybe we'll see that shiny bus on the road in the near future!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Planning on Busin' USA at Rickreal and Joe's mini rally, don't know about Cody but would sure like to make it. Art you could go through the Mojave Preserve and go around some of the grade, nice scenic detour too.
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Art,
Having lived in Orange County for years, and driving our bus to Vegas on occasion, I suggest you leave about 4:00 a.m. and hit the Baker grade about 5:00 or so. You will have no heat problems on the grade at that time. Another suggestion though likely a bit longer, drive the desert on US 395 to Bishop, CA during the day, stay in Bishop overnight and then hit the 3 big grades to the North in the early morning, and into Carson City. Head east US50 and I80 to Salt Lake City and the I15, then on to Cody from there. There are a couple of options to get to Cody from SLC. If you haven't been to Yellowstone Nat'l Park, it is for sure the way to go from SLC. Just be careful how you go to Cody from Yellowstone. There is a horrible downhill grade on the route to Cody from the Eastern exit from the park. I am going to go North from Yellowstone into Montana, down I90(?) to Sheridan, WY and then West to Cody. I drove that grade once and won't do it again even though I have much better jakes (4 cycle) than I did then (8-71).
Trying to help. As said before. we lived in Orange County for over 40 years, and traveled the desert in various vehicles under a variety of conditions.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Looks like you need to take cover Boomer some nasty stuff around you that hail in that part of the country this time of year can be ruff on the bus

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

For sure Clifford. No hail this week but we are going through the 3rd major thunderstorm in the last week. Lightning strikes all around us this morning and knocked out the power to the park for a few hours. Clears up tonight and supposed to be sunny for the next few days so we will resume our trip tomorrow AM. Stopping by Eagle Nest to adjust my brakes and grease driveline before we head out. Sure liked Music City, a real bus town for sure.
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Mark,
Wow!! Looking at the weather reports on TV this morning, we saw horrible tornado damage in the SE, Tennessee in particular. Are you guys OK?
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Post by dukedelmar »

Hi Guys,

Just read the post on directions to Cody.

Let me first tell you about Sylvan Pass coming out of the park East entrance and into Cody. For the past 4 years they have been working on it. They have changed the grading,,,added rock side walls, and widened it a bit. I have been up and down it several times and can not see a problem with it. We have been up much worst!
If you decide to go to the North entrance,,,the plus would be going through Mammoth Hot Springs. There you may be face to face with large herds of Elk and Buffalo. I was at the restaurant once, and a buffalo and Elk were about 15 feet from the building.

If you continue to I-90 and head East,,,,you want to get off at LAUREL,,,,Exit 434. Going to Sheridan is a LONG way out of your way, and you will have to come back via the Big Horn Mountains. Now, the word BIG should set you off...but just in case it doesn't, you have passes over 10,000 ft,,,winding and
narrow roads. Coming down from Laurel, is about 90 miles. The directions I will send you will give you one hill, that my 871n has no problem making!
The choice is yours, but I would strongly advise you NOT to go to Sheridan and come over the Big Horn Mountains. I had 3 cars delivered here when I first moved here. I repeatedly told the driver not to come that way, but he said the GPS told him it was the way to go. When he got to the top of the mountain... hood high in snow...elk blocking the road, he saw a sign that said Cody...100 miles. When he arrived at my house, 6 hours late,,,he still was a little more than stunned.

Please keep in mind, that when we send everyone their final confirmations, I will include what I feel are the best directions.

Looking forward to August. Everyone say a pray or do a dance that fuel prices don't go nuts. (3.49 a gallon as of today in Cody)

Thanks,
Tony & Pam 307-250-6966 baldeaglewy@aol.com
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

All OK Bill. We just had thunderstorms and heavy rain.
white-eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F317690
Bus Model: 1991 Eagle Motorcoach Model 15

Post by white-eagle »

i'm slightly disappointed. while nashville is a great place for the best country and bluegrass, not to mention the beauty of Tennessee, it is also the current home of Eagles.

i expected to find a report on how Craig and the Eagle empire are doing, at least a casual mention of whether it still exists and has parts. :( :(
Tom and Fran (Bandit RIP 10/10, 16 yrs),
91 Eagle Model 15, 8V92T, 740
Working, traveling and living in the bus.