Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

DID ELVIS OWN A BUS?

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

DID ELVIS OWN A BUS?

Post by Boomer »

We are on an extended trip in a big circle route around the U.S. after Quartzsite. Been all around southern AZ and TX enjoying mostly warm weather and backroading it looking for antiques. Bus running great and glad for good MPG because fuel prices are grim. Today we are parked at Graceland in Memphis. The tour of Graceland and Elvis's two airplanes that he aquired late in his life was great and well worth the price of admission. His car collection was cool. We camped at the Graceland RV park across the street. I got to wondering if Elvis ever owned or leased coaches in the days before he aquired the Convair and Jetstream. I think I saw somebody trying to peddle an Eagle on the internet a while back claiming it was Elvis's. Anybody know if Elvis actually ever owned a bus?
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: DID ELVIS OWN A BUS?

Post by rusty »

Marc, Can't answer your question about the bus but will second your thoughts about Graceland.We went there after Branson last year and even I (a non Elvis kind of guy ) enjoyed it very much. I was surprised at the size of his house I thought it would be some 5000 sf mansion. We spent most of the day there and will go back someday. We stayed at Tom Sawyer RV park just west of the city. It is a little rough but it sits on the Mississippi river. I sat there and just watched the barges go up and down the river. We will do that again also.

Safe Travels Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I know a guy that has a V100 Flex he told me it was the only bus Elvis ever owned who knows but there are some photos around showing it with Elvis.
Mark have you checked out the Habitat for Humanity stores Sonja found some good things and they have a separate rooms for antiques and will deal fwiw I was forced to go as I am not much on stinky stuff that needs redone lol

good luck
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Aw come on..you got stinky old buses don't ya? I know I do, lol.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

OK I found a picture of Elvis with his VL100. He is standing in front of the bus with his father, Vernon, and his father's second wife. When Elvis's mom passed away Vernon remarried a couple years later. Elvis's mom and dad had both lived in Graceland Mansion with Elvis but when the new wife moved in she tried to start making changes to the house and it didn't set too well with Elvis. So one day a van pulled up and they got moved out. They then got a house close by, but they were out of Elvis's house, although Vernon continued to be his business manager and had an office in back of the mansion. Anyway, there is a picture of the bus and his dad and step mother on Staley's website:
http://www.staleycoach.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Along with other cool pictures of old celebrity coaches. Including our own Paul's bus!
thejumpsuitman

Post by thejumpsuitman »

Here is a link to a site that discusses Elvis' George Barris VL-100.

http://www.elvis2001.net/elvis%20presle ... %20bus.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Not only is our Eagle their, so is Mark's!

Thanks Mark, as I had not seen the second photo they posted!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

Hey thanks, jumpsuitman. Ain't the internet great?
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

I wonder if those MC-8 pics were Elvis buses too. That is his logo, the lightning bolt and initials TCB (Takin' Care of Business). The logo is on the tail of both of his jets too, which are on display at the museum. A Convair 880 and a Lockheed JetStar. Great pictures on Staley's site.
dwbruner
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F402719
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10

Post by dwbruner »

Elvis' bus was parked next to the 2 planes at the museum when I saw it around 1987 or 1988. In fact the Elvis bus link shows it in a covered parking area which was next to the planes. I guess they moved or sold it??

Not sure about the MCI buses.....maybe crew or band buses?? I did not see them at the museum.
Darrin & Cynthia Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Tioga, TX