Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

On the Road. . .

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

On the Road. . .

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Well, Cindy and I are on our way out of town on Tuesday for a short week-long trip. First stop is in Phoenix for a couple of days, then to visit Van & Cheryl for a couple days, then to Kingman to hang with a couple of neighbors that moved from the hood a few years back.

So, the big red bus is hittin' the road for a short trip. . .first trip since retirement, and we'll see if I can afford to keep putting fuel in this thing! I may have to get another job--my first two thoughts are country music singing (if only I could play an instrument or sing, had a manager, or any kind of talent at all), or male modeling (and as it turns-out, I guess that's not in the cards either)!

We're planning on being back at the house for the holidays, then off to the Yuma pad for a week between Christmas and New Years, then back to Yuma on our way to Quartzsite sometime in January.

Safe travels to everyone, and with any luck, we'll get some sun and dry this year out on the left coast!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: On the Road. . .

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Art and Cindy , Iam glad to hear your in the rockin chair know Buddy you earned it and the Best of luck to you. Would love to join you all in the Q this year but that's not happening. We hope to be on the road for the Holidays going somewhere . Have fun and be safe .

Andy & Eileen
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Looking forward to your arrival Art. I have been working twice as fast to get our coach ready for the long trip down the hill to the lake :lol: . The bed is in, water is flowing, the juice is well... juicy :lol: even got the ol gal wired for TV :shock: we watched our first movie on board last night, woopie! what a treat :D finishing up the interior lighting tomorrow, then some PMCS (Before trip), and hopefully there will be time to change out the tail lights ( Thanks BCO ;) ). Hope you and Cindy have a pleasant & safe trip :D

Totally Excited :D
Van & Cheryl
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Let us know where in Phoenix you and Cindy will be staying at we are in Scottsdale till the end of the week at least

Clifford
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

van wrote:Looking forward to your arrival Art. I have been working twice as fast to get our coach ready for the long trip down the hill to the lake :lol: . The bed is in, water is flowing, the juice is well... juicy :lol: even got the ol gal wired for TV :shock: we watched our first movie on board last night, woopie! what a treat :D finishing up the interior lighting tomorrow, then some PMCS (Before trip), and hopefully there will be time to change out the tail lights ( Thanks BCO ;) ). Hope you and Cindy have a pleasant & safe trip :D

Totally Excited :D
Van & Cheryl
I envy your drive and enthusiasm Van, you have accomplished much grasshopper ..... Oh wait, that is not right ... Bedtime! (By the way you are close to exceeding your limit on smiley faces, be careful)

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Clifford-

We'll be staying at the Covered Wagon RV park . . .it's somewhere around I-17 & Bethany Home or Dunlap on the frontage road. My mom lives right in the middle of downtown (Phoenix), and that's about as close as we can get without winding-up in a parking lot somewhere. If I have it right (and I'm not the navigator or filer of the flight plans), we'll get there on Tuesday night and stay until Wednesday night, then off early Thursday morning to Boulder City to hang with Van & Cheryl for a bit.

If you happen to find yourself in the area, give us a call.

Art
(951) 243-4469
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SunChaserCindy »

We are leaving Phoenix today and heading up to go get a sneak preview of Van and Cheryls baby! wooooo-hoooo! I could get used to this! LOL
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Well, we made it in one piece. . .not nearly long enough, but we did get to run a bunch of fuel through the tank! The first fuel stop from LA to Phoenix we averaged about 8 mpg (running about 62 mph), then from Phoenix to Boulder City and to Kingman, we managed to pull in about 7 mpg.

No problems along the way and a good time was had by all. I'm sure Cindy will have a couple of pics to post after awhile, but that's beyond my technical expertise.

Next stop Yuma and Quartzsite after a brief respite at the house for the holidays.

Safe travels everyone!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Good Deal Art, glad all went well. Cheryl and I had an Awesome time at the lake,and will get to visit Andy down there when they roll into town also. Maybe a get together down there some time with all who can attend is in order. See ya on the back 40 :D
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Ya no, Van man I was thinking the same thing :D We plan on hanging out at the lake for a few days and then heading south maybe we could hook up with art and cindy after christmas ?
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481