Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Ready to go on a Ferry? We did!

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
Billbuss
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F390105
Bus Model: 1968 Eagle 01

Ready to go on a Ferry? We did!

Post by Billbuss »

Well, do we have a tale to tell, after leaving Branson, then Carthage, Mo., we spent a week in Protem, Mo. with friends, such fun, UNTIL...... Bill decided to take the Ferry to Arkansas. He did his homework and every one decided it would be "hunky Dory" and so we headed that way on Saturday morning, a little "concerned" that we might high center getting on the ferry, but then we would be OK. :roll: Started Whody (our bus) and headed down the hill, just got to the wood leading to the ferry itself and high centered her, OOOppps, the guys that run the ferry were really great, they moved the dock and the tires started to move, "HOORAY", Bill was all for backing out, and by this time there was a very long line of cars, trucks and motorcyles waiting on both sides, the fellas decided we were going forward, yep, we got on the ferry, with a lot of cheering from our side, and got to the other side, WHEW, when we got to the other side they moved the dock once again with a very large machine, and Bill took off like someone had shot him, up the hill, ZOOM... :lol: We spent the next 2 days at the Corp of Engineers campground. If you should ever want to take the Bull Scholls Ferry from Protem, go for it, those guys are great and will help. The one young man just kept saying " It's OK m'am, we'll gitter over there, honest, don't stress, and he was right. we were so happy to be on dry ground I even baked them a goody! Now that's one for your bucket list, ya think???? Ya can't know unless you try. Oh yeah, to save 100 miles it took us over an hour and a half, saved the fuel though! :lol:
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Ready to go on a Ferry? We did!

Post by Eagle Andy »

Well look whos on the Eagle Board :D Hi Arlette nice to here from you , I know Bill sitting there next to you so tell him we said HI
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

That is one thing I'll have to add to my "Bucket List"! Glad it worked out and Bill didn't have to change clothes! ;)

Sounds like you guys are having fun!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
tomhamrick
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F207535
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Post by tomhamrick »

We took out Eagle on the ferry to the Outer Banks here in North Carolina. The first ride was for 2.5 hours to Ocrakoke Island then a 30 minute ride to Hatteras Island. The length limit was 65 feet and we were 64.5 with the toad and bike racks. I would recommend it!!
Tom Hamrick
1981 Eagle 10
1991 Prevost H3-40
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

If you guys are in Texas the Bolivar to Galveston ferry is a nice ride for free also.
Dick and Di enjoyed the ride,Dick liked the free part lol it was real easy to get off and on.
When we traveled with Dick and Di he was amazed at the free campground on the water at Anahauc he would ask everyday if I was sure it was free he didn't want to go to jail I would answer him by saying this is not CA

good luck
Billbuss
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Billbuss »

Eagle Andy wrote:Well look whos on the Eagle Board :D Hi Arlette nice to here from you , I know Bill sitting there next to you so tell him we said HI
Hi Andy, every once in a while I figure this thing out . Couldn't help putting this "adventure" on, it was a hoot, a little scary, but a hoot anyway! :o
Billbuss
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Billbuss »

luvrbus wrote:If you guys are in Texas the Bolivar to Galveston ferry is a nice ride for free also.
Dick and Di enjoyed the ride,Dick liked the free part lol it was real easy to get off and on.
When we traveled with Dick and Di he was amazed at the free campground on the water at Anahauc he would ask everyday if I was sure it was free he didn't want to go to jail I would answer him by saying this is not CA

good luck
We may just give it a try, and yes, we can just hear Dick, and you are right, we aren't in Ca! LOL, we had 2 cars on with us, the going wasn't bad, just the getting on and off! :lol: