Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

the Browns trip to mount Rushmore . Seattle, Yellowstone

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
67eaglenewbie
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle Conversion 01 with a 05 front cap

the Browns trip to mount Rushmore . Seattle, Yellowstone

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

well the trip was great we went to Mount rushmore on the way to Seattle we didnt have any trouble going up in there and over the divide the old bus slowed down to 30 mph at the slowest through all the passes and never even reached 180 degrees on the water temp and the worst fuel mileage was 7.5 and the bestwas 8.5 on two tanks but 8 was average. we stayed 7 days out in tacoma seattle area and our daughter didn't have any problem with the babies birth and we got lucky enough to be there we did alot of fisshing but didn't get any to brag about we stayed in a great Rv park in coeur d'alene Idaho and a few nights at Hebgen Lake went by old faithfull and headed home but we took our time and added a few day's to the trip as we were having such a good time the two new inverters worked perfect kept the bus cool and the alternator never pulled two manny amps with the air cond runing now we just need an inmotion Satellite for the bus we brought the extra one on a tripod and set it up with no trouble and after all the problems with the rear hub leaking it all worked out as they didn't charge me a cent to fix it now i need to give her a good wash and get Ready for the Drag Race in norwalk Pinks All OUT in a week so i will post pics after that

John Brown 1967 01 8v71
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: the Browns trip to mount Rushmore . Seattle, Yellowstone

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey John , Glad to hear your trip went well and the bus ran perfect , but hey it's an Eagle lol
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hey John,

My daughter and her family are moving to the Seattle area. They left Tucson this morning, spending the night in LA to visit her sister and brother. Then off to the Great Pacific Northwest. I told her she is in for a real life change, going from the sun to no sun!

Glad you had a great trip! I can't wait to fire ours up and put some miles on her.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
67eaglenewbie

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

Yes she will miss the winters in az. But the summers are nice . Ya we put over six thousand miles on the bus and it ran perfect I think my uncle is going to start looking for a eagle now he had a 38 foot motor home but he was making 900$ payments so he sold it after he sold his ac cobra show caR but now he is Puting together a 59 el camino and he liked the old school look of. The eagle and if he can find the right deal he will be in one so another one hooked john brown
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

John,
Glad to hear about such a nice trip. Did you get the air throttle installed before you left?
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
67eaglenewbie

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

hey bill i have been doing so many things that i didn't get it on yet as it looks like i will need to make a bracket to mount it to as the floor of the bus is really close to the engine so there is very little room but i will get it done . the trip went great even with having to work my right leg out andd boy was it a work out LOL !!!

thanks John Brown 1967 01 Eagle
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Your going to love it when you do John I just finished mine and I love it
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481