Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Taking a trip to Yellowstone then Seattle

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
67eaglenewbie
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle Conversion 01 with a 05 front cap

Taking a trip to Yellowstone then Seattle

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

Taking a trip to Yellowstone then Seattle to visit my Daughter and be there when we will welcome in a baby grand daughter and then we are going to visit MT Rushmoore on the way back we will be on the road for two weeks if anyone has any good places to stay or visit on the trip from Columbus Ohio we are very excited and i will post pics and let everyone know how things are going . I was not looking forward to driving without an air conditioner but i got super lucky to find TWO 2400 watt Xantrex stackable Inverters i got them all wired up now i just need a IN Motion sat dish but till then the Kid will need to make due with the dvr recordings and DVD movies till we get set up at a park
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Taking a trip to Yellowstone then Seattle

Post by Eagle Andy »

Well if you are going to custer SD I highly recomend broken Arrow campground . Thats were we had our rally last week call Geri and Larry there # is 605 673 4471 It's a great camp and your only 30 min from the Faces. Good luck and have Fun and if your going thur the east entrance to jellystone Pondrosa camp ground in Cody is a nice one . There is a lot to see in Cody with Buffalo Bill Histroical Center .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

I can surely agree with Andy on the Broken Arrow Campground. I would suggest you stay there either on the way or the way back. On the opposite way, go to Devil's Tower in NE Wyoming. There is a very nice KOA there, but Devil's Tower is the first National Monument in the USA and is very neat place to see. We visited there on the way to the Custer rally with the Gourleys, Shepherds and Ron Asleson.
Don't overlook the Little Bighorn on the way.
One thing to avoid is the East entrance / exit from Yellowstone to Cody, WY. There is a very nasty grade on the west approach to Cody. It is rated the worst grade in the NW in a book on mountain grades and highways. I speak from experience. We went down that grade (headed east) and it was just plain scary.
West Yellowstone, MT has a very nice RV park. It is called Grizzly RV Park and is very close to the Bear and Wolf Sanctuary. It is very easy access to all areas of Yellowstone.
Have a good trip. Yellowstone is one of our very favorite places.\
Bill
Last edited by gpzzdrm on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
67eaglenewbie
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle Conversion 01 with a 05 front cap

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

thanks guys we are really excited to get on the road but till the hub is fixed we are on the holding pattern thanks to the company that is working on the bus there is only one good thing about this i will never have them work on my stuff again for the amount of money that it cost the first time and not to have been fixed right then to just keep blowing us off i would have fixed it myself if i had not had them fix it the first time while being stranded they really shafted us but enough of my complaining
the Higher power must have a reason for it he always does so i will take it day by day just hope we don't run out of vacation days sitting at home it could be worse were praying that we can find a hub

thanks for the park advise John Brown