Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Hottest place in the US!!

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Hottest place in the US!!

Post by ericbsc »

Just got back from Mississippi Friday night from a mission trip with my church. My main objective was to be able to drive the bus 1500 mi. with new steering, new drop box and rear. Came back with a whole new outlook!!! Hottest place I think I have ever been. Helped with construction for displaced families. A family of five have been living in a 12 x 12 utility building since Katrina!! Five years. Our government sends billions all over the world, but the small places like Waveland MS have been forgotten. Enjoyed all the hard work. Nothing like the ride of an Eagle with 1000 bottles of water in the front bay!! SMOOTH!! LOL Had a good time. Everything ran great except for a generator gremlin which I found today. I have decided that the 8-71 is a great engine!! Got better mileage than the church bus with a 460 gas engine!! When you keep the rpm’s above 2k it will roll!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Hottest place in the US!!

Post by Dreamscape »

Good to hear your trip went well. I agree with some of our forgotten folk, it's a shame that we send billions overseas and can't help out own.

I agree on the 8v71, it's a great motor. Although going up hill has it's challenges, at least I know I'll get to the top! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

Dreamscape wrote:Good to hear your trip went well. I agree with some of our forgotten folk, it's a shame that we send billions overseas and can't help out own.

I agree on the 8v71, it's a great motor. Although going up hill has it's challenges, at least I know I'll get to the top! ;)
Correction, it's not that we "can't" help them, it's that we(our govt.) "won't" help them. Big difference.

I can't imagine living in a situation like that for 5 years. I'm happy that you and your church were able to help them into better living conditions. I know it had to have meant the world to them.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Good catch Stephanie! Your wording is much more accurate!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I'm glad I am not the only one that feels that way...
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Me too!!! Unfortunately there are too many things like this that our government, that is the Federal Administrative and Legislative branches, aren't doing well at all, let alone just right. State and Local aren't much better if at all.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

It's impossible to do what's right for the people when you are always doing what is right for yourself.

I think they should run the government similar to jury duty. That way the everyday man or woman can have a turn. People couldn't get paid off by corporate sponsors to sway laws in their favor. I know a lot of people that would do a pretty good job at it...but I know they wouldn't do it if their life depended on it. haha
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04