Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Another...Crazy Road Trip..???

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Another...Crazy Road Trip..???

Post by MrBreeze »

Yea, Your RIGHT !!! This Isnt About A Eagle Bus.....But, Just Pretend It Is..OK-OK

I Am Leaving Denver Shortly On My Way Up To Montana Outside Of Billings In Andy Country. The Reason For This Adventure Is To Pick Up A 1954 Crown Supercoach That I Bought Off Of Craigs List.

The Reason Im HELL Bent On Getting This Bus Is Because.....She Will Be Crushed If Not Picked Up This Weekend :o

650+ Miles One Way :shock:

I Can Only Stay Grounded For A Short Time. Its Always The Same Story.....Gotta Go..Gotta Go...Anywhere..But Just Go !!

So.....Here Go's Another Adventure... :? :lol:

The Bus Should Be Ready To Go.?? Well We Will See Once There. The P.O. Tells Me That The Bus Has Just Been Serviced And Fires Right Up. But The Carb Is A Little Funny. (Well, HELL Im Funny To) :lol: :lol: I Got My Fingers Crossed :roll:

Also Have A Back Up Tow Bar Along...Just Incase The Hall Scott Engine Wants To Take A Nap :shock: My Dodge Diesel Dually Should Be Able To Handle This Beast. ( I Hope) Although I Have Pulled Over 25000 Pounds With My Truck And Tow Bar Before All The Way From Idaho.

So.... Please Say Small (Often) Prayers For Me, My Son Derek And Wife Stephanie As They Will Also Be With On This Way North Trip.

You Know I Was Thinking.....(Scary I Know)..But, Maybe Just Maybe I Should Start Thinking Of Smaller,Lighter Ways Of Travel....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK....See YA On The Flip Side

Im BACK OUT........

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Another...Crazy Road Trip..???

Post by MrBreeze »

We Made The Trip Home With No Problems.

Once I Saw The Bus On Sunday Morning I Could Tell The Best Way To Rescue The Old Girl Was To Flat Tow.......Im Sure With A Few Hours Of Tinkering I Could Have Driven Her.

Anyway.....We All Had A Great Time. It Was A Smooth Trip.

Heres A Shot Of My Son Derek Behind The Controls

So....Over All This Crown Is In Good Shape. All Of The Style In This Old Bus Makes Me Weak In The Knees.....I Want More !!!!

Our Friend EAGLE ANDY Stopped By With His Wife Ilene. Andy Had To Make Sure I Wasnt Mis-Behaving In His Wifes Home Town..LOL... We All Had A Great Visit And A Way To Large Lunch.

What A Great Feeling One Can Achive By Saving An Old Buses Life !! Its Really True...Everyone Should Try It !!. ( Or At Least Tell Me Where Theres More ) ;)

Thats It..Thats All. WE HAD A BALL..
10-4

JOHN
John & Stephanie
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Nice find! How many does that make now? :mrgreen:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Dreamscape wrote:Nice find! How many does that make now? :mrgreen:
Incredible, if I was tooling down the boulevard and saw a Dually towing this, I believe I would have to give it a double take. Nice looking coach, you did well.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Yea, It Was A Site To See For Sure !!! :shock:

( I Even Pulled A Ueeee In The DOT Parking Lot.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Didnt Know Until My Wife Said.....Do You Know What You Just Did.?

Nothing Ventured ...Nothing Gained.

I Have Been Hauling Relics For Most Of My Years In One Form Or Another..........

Most Would Say...I Am Crazy..
If I Thought It Wasnt Safe I Wouldnt Have Tryed It....

My Dodge Didnt Even Sweat. 8-)

Heres The Deal...... Know Your Limits...Keep Your Head Out Of Your Ass. Buckle Up, Tack On Your Balls And Git-er-Done..10-4

Thats Right......Now im Getting Ready To Pull Her Another 400 Miles East.

Oh Yea, One More Thing....."Dont Be Scared"

JOHN
John & Stephanie
Bustyme
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: 398939
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01, 8V92TA, HT-740, Stock width & height (FOR SALE (805) 238-7122)
1983 Eagle 10, 8V92TA, HT-740, 102" wide 7" roof raise

Post by Bustyme »

Hey John,
I think it's time to make that special call!!....or you might end up with every stray Crown in the country!! Looks pretty cool. We want a picture of them all lined up next to each other. Like you say..it's amazing what you can do when you're not afraid! Keep up the good work.....as you say...

10-4

Randy Coons
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Whats Happening Randy..How Are You And Your Better Half Doing...Good To Hear From You. :D

Make That Special Call..?? :o Do You Mean To The State Hospital ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I Guess I Shouldnt Laugh..Maybe Thats What You Mean ?? :oops:

Digging This Old Stuff Up Is Sooooo Fun. I Have Loved Crowns Since I Was Young. They Were Built To Last Forever. Thats Kinda How Crown Went Out Of Business In The Early 90s. No One Needed To Replace There Crown Buses Because Most Were Still On The Road In Service.

Anyway....Paul The Answer To Your Question Is 8 Buses To Date. I Am Working Deals On A Couple Others Now. We Will See. Normally When I Get A Bug Like This...... I Keep Collecting Till I Get A Bakers Dozen (13) So I Have A Few More To Score. Then Its On To..Bulldozers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Have Been Working On The Old Girl Today. Changing The Oil And Stuff. I Will Fire Her Up Tomorrow Before The Big Snow Storm Rolls In. :cry:

10-4...Good Buddy :D

JOHN
John & Stephanie