Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Reach out and bug somebody.

This is the place to tell about all the cool places your Eagle takes you. Hopefully there will be lots of great pictures that will help us all plan future trips.
BoxcarOkie

Reach out and bug somebody.

Post by BoxcarOkie »

As I am not a big believer in running old tires (unsafe at any speed) and our set will be seven years old this spring, it now appears time to put some new shoes on the mule. We rarely run our tires over five years, some will make the trip, and some do not. After several blowouts and close calls because of side-wall failure, we have adopted a policy of running tires five years and then replacing.

So, I am at the tire shop; sitting there with every known smoker in the state of Oklahoma, our old hoopie needs new skins. You can just about bet that I can think of three other places to be beside’s the tire shop and the first two don’t even count.

Once again, I am considerably lighter in the checkbook because of my bus, this not one of those “Priceless Moments” you see on TV. Other than my ever present mild addiction to diet Dr. Pepper, this day has promise, it appears it is going to be a rather nice day, or at least that is what I thought.

Then it happens.

Thru the din of air wrenches and other related noise I hear it. My symbol of modern technology goes off, the cell-phone in my pocket starts ringing. Not wanting to answer it, I just ignore it, knowing full well that it will eventually drop the caller into voice mail; it is no big deal to me.

This guy sitting next to me however, is bothered by it ringing, he says “You gonna answer that?” and I reply, “Naw, it will go to voice mail.”

He then says, “It might be important, answer it.”

Which kind of irritated me, I mean, “Who is this bozo telling me to answer my phone?”

I reply, “no big deal, don’t worry about it.”

He then says, “It might be your kids.”

Jeeeze, how in the world does this complete stranger even know I have kids? The luck of the draw … I just wanted to have my new tires mounted and read my paper. Trying hard not to just stand up and strangle the guy, in a nice, calm voice I reply, “Listen, when you start paying $49.60 per month for this little marvel of technology, then you can tell me what to do with it.”

End of conversation.

While we are at it? Women and cell phones crack me up. Women see a number on their telephone and they do not recognize the number, so they then call the number, and ask who it is on their phone?

Never fails.

I can’t get enough of that, it just amazes the fizz out of me. I have on numerous occasions misdialed numbers and women will call me and ask who I am and why am I calling them. Wanting to know if I am personally entered into the Charles Manson early release stalker program or something.

Jeeeze Louise, it was a wrong number.

My wife yesterday had two of calls of this nature. She was given wrong numbers by people at work, so the women call her up and ask her what is going on. And on top of all this … She explains it to them! This is insane. I find two or three; sometimes even more numbers on my telephone routinely. And I just delete them.

That is a man for you. Pragmatic … To the point, most always.

Taking it one step farther … The Lone Ranger has an episode on today with a female sheriff …… What is this world coming to for crying out loud? Bad news for Comanche Joe and the folks in Gunstock! I seem to be on some kind of estrogen rush this morning. Hmmmm Kemo-Sabe … A female sheriff in Gunstock? Who would’ve ever thought.

And yes … I get letters …. lot’s and lot’s of letters.

This is why I spend a lot of my waking moments out in the bus shop, working out the wrinkles of man, 6” buffer in one hand and a new cleaning-shine-rag in the other, softly whistling in the wee hours of the night, and caressing my chrome.
See Y’all in the funny papers or at the tire shop, whichever comes first.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Reach out and bug somebody.

Post by Dreamscape »

I really like your stories, but the pictures of your coach are very impressive! Maybe in the next life ours will look so good! ;) I hope you bring her to TBR 2010 this year so I can drool over it! :D

One more thing, can you take a picture of how your hitch is mounted? I have one and need to mount it on ours and would like to know how it's attached to the frame.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Dreamscape wrote:I really like your stories, but the pictures of your coach are very impressive! Maybe in the next life ours will look so good! ;) I hope you bring her to TBR 2010 this year so I can drool over it! :D

One more thing, can you take a picture of how your hitch is mounted? I have one and need to mount it on ours and would like to know how it's attached to the frame.
Paul I put up a thread in the "Projects Section" the hitch stuff is over there. Thought that would be the best way to do it.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

Just wanted to rant about cell phones. I personally hate them. I wish more people would let calls go to voicemail. Nothing ruder than sitting at the dinner table with a friend having a conversation and being interrupted mid-sentence because they MUST answer the phone. I was raised in a family that ignored the ring of the phone at dinner time because it's dinnertime. If someone started to get up to answer it dad would say, "If it's important enough they'll call back later". And that was that.

I remember when people first started carrying cell phones and they would at least excuse themselves before they answered it. Now they just answer it as if nowone is in their present company. Apparently the people in their physical presence don't have as much importance as the little voice in the phone. Just because they have a phone welded to their hip it doesn't mean they HAVE to answer it.

Oh and texting! I can't stand it when I'm talking to someone and all the while they are "talking" to someone else. I mean really? Honestly? What is it with people? What happened to manners?

I don't own a cell phone because I think they are completely worthless and to be honest, I don't want to talk to anyone enough to carry a phone around in anticipation of their call. I have a really good excuse when people look at me like a deer in the headlights when they find out I don't own one. "I get no service in Randolph Co. so there's no point in paying a monthly bill for that lack of service". My husband has one but I rarely call him. He can't use it at home because of the lack of service and it doesn't have service when he's at work. My only chance of getting in touch with him is if I know he's in one of the precious few pockets out there in cell phone land. Sure, I've thought that it might be handy to have one in case of a break-down especially since I live out in the boonies but living in the boonies is exactly why the blasted thing wouldn't work if I broke down. Breaking down in the middle of nowhere is bad enough but breaking down with a cell phone that doesn't work is enough to cause me to find the nearest rock and beat my broken down heap of a car to a pulp.

I'll leave you with this final thought...

I was visiting my parents and we had gone out to have some "brunch" which is what we call any meal after 10 AM. My dad had recently entered the present decade and aquired a cell phone that he didn't fully understand how to operate. During the meal it rang and he looked to see who was calling and seemed tempted to answer it. "Dad" I said, "don't answer it". "But it's your brother, What if something is wrong?" He said. "He's an adult dad, don't be a jerk, let it go to voicemail. If it's important enough he'll call back." "but..." "no Dad, re-holster your weapon and lets continue our discussion." Later we found out my brother was calling to ask my dad to borrow a tool for a project he would be working on two weeks later. I told dad he didn't have to thank me for teaching him some manners. Now he gets really annoyed when people do the same thing to him and he'll go so far as walking away from them if they answer their phone during a conversation.

That's all I have to say about that. Thanks for tuning in.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

THATS RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Also Hate My Cell Phone !! I Swore I Would Never Get One.

My Phone Is The Biggest Stress I Have. REALLY !! I Hate It.....I Hate It ..... And Then I Hear,,,,,,,,,,,,, Honey. They Are Having A Special On New Phones And If I Get One You Can Get One To. Well Thats My First Clue............Stress Is On The Way !!!

I Get Real Close To Busting My Cell Phone Almost Everyday. Drives Me Frigging CRAZY...... Maybe I Should Read The Book ?? But Heck....I Still Need To Read The Book On Two Before This One.

Business Is The Only Reason.

BCO..........Your Bus Is Looking Great !! Hang In There Buddy

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

If your cell phones are such a pain in the A_ _ , maybe you are going about it all wrong. For some of us cell phones are an enabler.
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle