Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

DNS from Directv Operational!

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
DeBar
Bus Model: 1969 05 #7857 R44
Picked up 8/7/09
Original toilet,bunk on each side over axle between partition walls
Otherwise just about empty and waiting for me
Alabama

Re: DNS from Directv Operational!

Post by DeBar »

I think for those that travel you are better off if you can't get your locals and have to get the east/west coast feeds. Those feeds can be picked up anywhere that you can get service with your dish. On the other hand the local channels are what they call "spot beamed", in other words they are sent to only a certain part of the country. I know that if I head north from Alabama toward NY I get a certain distance from home (I think it is about 400 or so miles) and then that is it for networks. so if you can get the feeds from the networks I would go for it. Plus it is always nice when traveling to get 2 chances to catch your shows especially if you don't have any type of "in motion" dish and need to set up when you stop.
1969 05
8V71
4 Speed