Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Pre Trip for our Trip to the Texas Bus Roundup

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Pre Trip for our Trip to the Texas Bus Roundup

Post by Dreamscape »

The time has finally arrived. After the coach sitting since the Breau Bridge Rally, yip, that's right, just sitting waiting for the next journey. We've been real busy with life and it was time to take her out and stretch her legs.

I spent yesterday morning checking fluids and making sure she was ship shape. Becky and her Mom arrived around noon, we headed out for a spin, get some fuel and go get some lunch.

I had fired her up (Dreamscape) to check for any issues before they arrived, so it was all nice and toasty warm inside. The heater I had installed in the front worked great, almost too great as I cranked up the fans. Everything went smooth as silk, sure was good to hear the ole gal purr. After I unhooked the coach from the pedestal and everyone was seated we headed out onto the open road.

We headed west on I-20 taking the 277 north to Anson, stopping at Hawley to fill up at a Shell, had some fuel cards I needed to use up. I topped her off at around 90 gals at $2.43 per gallon, filled up our 5 gal container for the gen set, and headed out to eat in Anson. We arrived around 1:45 and saw the restaurant was closing at 2pm. I went and asked them if they had stopped serving yet, nope. That was a good sign, went back to the bus to get Becky and her Mom.

After we ate we headed back home, which wasn't all that far. But it was a good day, got to drive Dreamscape, give Becky's Mom a ride and spend some time with my wife. Becky has been staying at her Mom's for the past 3 weeks, dealing with some medical issues.

After arriving back at our spot at Buck Creek RV Park, I had to bid them goodbye as her Mom was real tired. Her Mom had not seen the inside of the coach since we started the kitchen early in the year, she sad it was very comfortable.

Then I saw Clifford had left me a note on the "Other Board" to give him a call, they were to arrive in Abilene later that afternoon. I met them at the Wal Mart, ate and spent time visiting with him and Sonja. Clifford was telling me that Doyle had taken them to a steak house in El Paso the night before, forgot the name but he said it was real good.

What a great way to end the day!

Now I just have to wait until this coming Thursday to head out to our Texas Rally and spend time with friends, and getting to meet some new ones. I think we will have around 25 coaches this year, the largest gathering yet.

Life is good!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Pre Trip for our Trip to the Texas Bus Roundup

Post by van »

Paul,Wish we could be there,guess this is one more rally we will miss unfortunately.Have fun,give every one our regards.

Some day....
Van :)
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Life is good , Have fun and Gods Blessing
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Okay, now I'm all fired-up for Quartzsite! There's nothing better than the pre-flight inspection, crankin' and makin' smoke, then heading for fuel. That's the time for the brake and steering check, dust some mosquitos while checking the power, and rolling back home to load food and people.

Cindy and I are heading for Phoenix for Thanksgiving, Yuma between Christmas and New Years, then Quartzsite at the end of the month. As it turns-out, 2010 will be my retirement year, then we'll be able to set course for east for a bit and maybe make some of the more easterly rallies.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the road.

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

I have got to get this retirement thing figured out. I am jealous.

Wayne