Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Things you find when

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Things you find when

Post by Eagle Andy »

Well for the last couple of days I have been redoing the water closet on the bus. I had tore out all the old filters and brass plumbing and what not. Well I finished today , doubled checked all my new pex fittings and unions hooked up the hose and let her go for a test. ........ Wow is was inpressed no leaks stood there for a min then took a walk around to the passanger side and Ouch water was running from behind the tag and out the bay door seems my winterizing wasn't as complete as I thought. Oh well just another project. LOL. have a great day
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Things you find when

Post by Songman »

Ahhh... the joys of ownership, Andy! haha

I worked more on my ex-bus the last week getting it ready for the new owner than I ever got to the entire time it was mine! I could never seem to find the time before. I'm sure it is like owning a house. Even when there is nothing you HAVE to do there is plenty you WANT to do.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Andy, Your story reminded me of when I moved Dreamscape to it's new home right after I had hurried to do some work so we could live in it. I had installed the kitchen sink, drain and such. Thought I had tightened all the fittings, NOT! When I turned on the park water I heard this sound like when pressure escapes from something, yip, looked behind where I had hooked up the lines for the sink and there it was. I hurried out to turn it off and broke the bathroom sink cabinet door, Becky said I sounded like a sailor yelling out certain expletives! One thing I will do like you have done is to make a new water system with a manifold and water filter.

Welcome to the club, and I thought I was the only member! :lol:

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hey Andy,sorry bout your plumbing,but if I had a choice between cracked plumbing or swap out engines,I'd have to take swapping my engine out (no plumbing).If I don't get this buzzard to start flapping it's wings,I'll never get to that point ,to install my plumbing :lol:
By the way Andy hows the new sporty front end working out?As luck would have it,I was given a wide glide (stock length tubes)front end with billet trees,looks good hanging on the wall :roll: in the shop.I think I have enough parts to build one more :lol:

carry on troops
Van 8-)
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Well Iam glad Iam not the only one with the brain fart'sLOL . Man sorry to hear about your bus rearend paul and what make's it even tougher is your living on the road. That was one of the reasons we gave up the full time life for awhile. Iam sure it will all work out. Van yep the sporty has work out well got her back on the road and having a ball, Had some tinming issues with the Mag but not anymore. Still trying to figure out how to get it to Ennis. ps I'll take plumbing over Motor swap anyday lol Later Andy
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481