Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

aqua hot

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
papa2sweet
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f104222
Bus Model: 88 Mod-15 Eagle Cummings N-14

aqua hot

Post by papa2sweet »

my quastion is do i have to have a seperate pump installed in line on my aqua-hot to get my anti freeze to circutlate though my engine radiator i was told this by a shop who servicing my unit i couldnt find anything in my owner manuel stating this my unit is suppose to have this feature so iwas just wondering if rv dealer was just trying to sell me something i didnt need
Last edited by papa2sweet on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: aqua hot

Post by Dreamscape »

First let me say I'm no expert on Aqua Hot, so I don't know the system. When I was going to install a Pro Heat X45 I read lots of threads explaining that the pump is not strong enough to force the coolant through the whole system, our coaches just have long runs. Many have added another pump to circulate with more force.

I hope Clifford or others will see this and chime in.

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

AquaHot makes a lot of versions. If your control panel does not have a switch that states it is for engine warm up, then you likely don't have a unit that has the additional pump.

Like Paul, I am not an expert, but I thought most have a coil in the boiler area that uses engine coolant to put heat into the boiler when the engine is running. If it does, and if you don't have the pump in the system, you could add your own and reverse the heat process.

AquaHot has cut back, like most folks in the industry :( Last I heard they are down to a three day work week. However, I think you could call them with your model number and they could tell you exactly what you have. Their number is: 303-857-2901. I hope that David Haynes is still there. If so his extension is 127 and he would be able to help you.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Post by Two Feathers »

I heard that David Haynes was not currently on staff. I have communicated with dquintana@aqua-hot.com on some related issues in the past several days.

My webasto uses engine heat to exchange without any addditonal pump. I do have a engine heater switch but it only opens a valve to allow heated antifreeze to circulate thru the engine.

Dave
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

My Hurricane has a built in pump as well. If it ever makes it out of storage and into a bus I'll let you know how well it works.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Songman wrote:My Hurricane has a built in pump as well. If it ever makes it out of storage and into a bus I'll let you know how well it works.
Dale,
I have a custom built "webasto" system, but for the most part the aquahot and webasto are much the same. Some models of the aquahot do have an extra feature built in for engine preheat. This can also be used to heat the aquahot from the engine rather than fuel.
My system is the same, but in order to get the engine preheat / on the road heat, I had to install a heat exchanger that has engine coolant on one side and webasto coolant on the other side. The engine coolant is circulated by a pump separate from the webasto, but in order to preheat the engine, both pumps (the webasto circulation and the engine circulation) have to run. In my case, both are powered up only when the webasto is on. If this explaination isn't good enough, I can draw up a diagram of my system if you like and then email it to you as an attachment. From that you likely would be able to come up with the same sort of thing.
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I know mine has the feature to heat using engine coolant instead of running the boiler built into it.

Bill, if you want to do up a diagram and send to me I will post it here for all to see. It will probably be helpful to a number of people.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Songman wrote:I know mine has the feature to heat using engine coolant instead of running the boiler built into it.

Bill, if you want to do up a diagram and send to me I will post it here for all to see. It will probably be helpful to a number of people.
Dale, I will do a diagram up, might take me a week or two with all going on, but I will get it done.
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.